Will a f25m-r from a 1996 1.8l manual bolt on a 1999 1.8l manual?

:
Mazda, Protege ES, sedan 1.8L 5-speed
Ok, so can someone please help me out here???

Will a f25m-r from a 1996 1.8 manual bolt on a 1999 1.8 manual? Yes I know this has been an on going problem for me but I may have found a trans for mine and id like maybe a little insight if this should work? My '99 has been sitting at a trans shop and not even been looked at or moved for a year now and im done. So here I am searching again to find something quick and cost effective to get her back on the road. My goal right now is to get a manual up and running so i can teach my son how to drive stick. Every young driver should need to know how to do so and with all the work Ive done to it already it "should" be worth doing the swap if it will work.

Id appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this question. Definitely a f25m-r from and mine should be as well.......based on VIN #'s.............

Please help. TY.

Yes it will bolt up but you need to change to a 2.0 flywheel and clutch and get the axles from a 2.0 2001-2003 protege but check the starter location it might be wrong just use a 2.0 gearbox and take the gears out of the 96 and put them in the 2.0 g25 box the ratios for the 96 are almost the same as the 2000 1.8 f/gear boxes and you will need the half shaft and transmission mounts from a 2.0 protege plus you can get limited slip diff for the g25 box.

Back