The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

My plans are to get the Miata up to date on maintenance. It only has 37k miles but there is still a good list of things that will need to be done, all new fluids, filters, etc. Since its garaged, I'll probably get a head start and hopefully have it done before Spring. I'd like to get it ready for some autocross or track days this year, but I have so many other things going on it will be a stretch.
10947215_10101556822831752_8723280420872763999_n.jpg

MS3- Treadstone TR8 FMIC, UR Test Pipe, JBR Short Shifter, Crash Bar and FMIC Piping Kit

Spicy-Re-Route Intake Piping, add 2nd Cooling fan, Add Mishimoto Coolant Resevoir, AWR RSB, add Passenger Corbeau Racing Seat w/ Safecraft 6Pt Harness, New Motul Brake fluid.......

The Speeds were fully detailed before going into hibernation, just the 6's will get the Spring Detail, wash, claybar, polish and wax.

Wide wheels and sticky tires for summer if possible. Also will be doing some rust repair on the drivers side rear 1/4 panel. Other than that, drive the s*** out of the car and save up for another build

I'm afraid to even start the list of what's needed on the msm.
Rear brakes since they barely passed inspection in the fall, Getting it running correctly and tuned are the only real goal for this year. Depending on how hard and expensive that is possibly a steering wheel, quick hub and seat so I can fit a bit better inside the car. Maybe next year I'll look Into wider wheels unless I find a crazy deal this year

Last edited:
If I really feel ambitious, I might pick up some Hawk pads to handle the brake dust problem. Other than a good detail in the spring, not a damn thing. It's pretty glorious. :)

"Handle the brake dust problem?" You mean "create a brake dust problem," right?

If I really feel ambitious, I might pick up some Hawk pads to handle the brake dust problem. Other than a good detail in the spring, not a damn thing. It's pretty glorious. :)

Well with all that free time you can come over and lend a hand!

I'll throw in an Indiana license plate

stopped at a gas station on my way to work for a couple of Mtn Dew's (they're charging $1.90 at work now!) and a Mega Millions ticket. Saw the Sheriff swat/raid team in the parking lot with vests on, maps on the hood of a couple cars and one had his assault riffle in his hand.

its-about-to-go-down.jpg

The styling is a little too much for me. If I'm going to pay nearly $40k for a hot hatch I'm still going with the new Golf R.

The styling is a little too much for me. If I'm going to pay nearly $40k for a hot hatch I'm still going with the new Golf R.

I would definitely have to drive them both if I was looking, but the 16 year old wanna be WRC driver in me says the RS looks better while the 30 year old dad says the VW is more sophisticated looking. But I just can't see myself spending that much on a car I'd daily drive. I don't know if I'd spend that much on the Camaro as my fun car. Now if I hit the lottery, different story.

Focus RS
o6qfhkrtk4dwlqf9wmip.jpg

Golf R
2016-Volkswagen-Golf-R-Front.jpg

VW all the way if they brought this
vw-golf-r-variant-5898-001.jpg

Or if Ford would bring this.
2016-Ford-Focus-ST-Facelift-High-Resolution-HD-Wallpaper-Desktop.jpg

this would be reasonable in the low to mid $20's. I would be more excited about this than the RS. #dadlife

YES!

I wish VW would offer AWD on non-R versions of the Golf. The only improvements I'd make to my wife's Jetta TDI is add AWD and make it a Sportwagen.
I would be happy with a FWD GTI version honestly. That would probably go in the mid to high $20's I'm guessing. Haven't priced VW's lately but I know they raised after winning all the awards last year

Yeah, HPS pads produced way less dust than stock pads and Ebc green stuff on my ms3. Hp+ on the other hand is ridiculous, I need black wheels to hide the dust.

You have $20k + trading in what you drive now, what do you buy?

Back