The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

That blue speed3 that was being worked on at the Marathon on 57, is up for sale. I asked how much.... $10,000. Ha

Why don't we send them together? They can have a girls' day with the kids and we can sit at a bar or work on a car.
Sounds like a plan
LMAO There's an Ikea about an hour from me near Philly but I've never set foot in the store. Maybe that is a good thing.
It's not bad if you need furniture etc. but not just to go check it out. I have 2 bedroom sets and other random stuff from Ikea. It's nice stuff, not the greatest but priced pretty good.
There are people down here complaining about the loss of business. I've been there a half-dozen times in the seven years I've lived here. I can't say I've ever bought anything though. What's with the Swedes and everything being low to/on the floor?

Maybe they're shorter? I don't think my stuff is low to the ground.

after sitting in the parking lot that was I-71 this morning, really makes me think my next dd will be an auto.

after sitting in the parking lot that was I-71 this morning, really makes me think my next dd will be an auto.

Blasphemy!

Actually, VW's DSG transmissions never cease to amaze me. I haven't driven Mazda's new AT's but apparently they're getting good feedback despite using a traditional torque converter. I've been DD'ing the Ford tank for a while now but I've been saying if I ever need to pick up another smaller DD I'd go with the new Mazda3 or a VW Golf. Speaking of the latter did anyone see the spec's of the new Golf R?

Blasphemy!

Actually, VW's DSG transmissions never cease to amaze me. I haven't driven Mazda's new AT's but apparently they're getting good feedback despite using a traditional torque converter. I've been DD'ing the Ford tank for a while now but I've been saying if I ever need to pick up another smaller DD I'd go with the new Mazda3 or a VW Golf. Speaking of the latter did anyone see the spec's of the new Golf R?
I know, I'm a terrible person and can no longer be a considered a car enthusiast.

292 hp, 280tq? Part of me says that's great, part of me isn't impressed. Maybe because it's a Golf for almost $40k? I like the Golf R's but I don't ever see myself owning one.
I've been driving a heavy 6 puck daily without issue. 35k since may... I got used to it.

I bet the ladies love your left calf :)

and it's Friday
817040289936032838.jpg

I don't regret having an auto DD at all... I know I have the fun car with a proper trans in the garage and this truck is a tank in the snow, it's comfortable, quiet and serves nearly every need I have with hobbies (fishing, hunting, camping, kayaking etc)

I don't regret having an auto DD at all... I know I have the fun car with a proper trans in the garage and this truck is a tank in the snow, it's comfortable, quiet and serves nearly every need I have with hobbies (fishing, hunting, camping, kayaking etc)

Your situation is different. You can't really find a truck with a stick anymore unless you get a base work truck. Plus, as you said, you've got a stick shift in your toy. Nate doesn't have one of those.

Nate, I smell a manual swap on your horizon then. Haha

Your situation is different. You can't really find a truck with a stick anymore unless you get a base work truck. Plus, as you said, you've got a stick shift in your toy. Nate doesn't have the Camaro finished yet.

Nate, I smell a manual swap on your horizon then. Haha
Fixed. I haven't done a ton of research on the TSX because I'm not really looking, but I think it's the same 2.4 from the civic Si. So a swap might be possible.

We have a decent amount of snow here already and seems to be kinda heavy.

I assume several people watched the game last night. What was up with the depressing/heart-wrenching commercials. That Nissan commercial...

I assume several people watched the game last night. What was up with the depressing/heart-wrenching commercials. That Nissan commercial...

Commercials were just bad overall this year, and not that many were "new".

Nationwide...
5db8cdd0-8caa-0132-4406-0ebc4eccb42f.jpg

Now that football is over, I'm ready for winter to be over. Being inside all of the time is starting to get to me.

What's everyone's wrenching plans this spring/summer?

On my to do/wish list is:
Oil Change
Wash & wax of course!
Pick at least one track day and or auto-x day I'm doing and sign up.
Purchase a Helmet
Get 1 more tire for the fd wheels, have 2 of them mounted and balanced. Also need to decide if I want to paint them and what color. I'm thinking bronze-ish
Install coil-overs and swaybars, need to get end links.
Alignment
Remove door guards and Mazdaspeed emblem.
Replace pads and rotors and brake fluid.

The P5 needs pads and rotors, the other 2 motor mounts installed, and an oil change. The 3, if we ever get it back from my daughter (she borrowed it in September) desperately needs an oil change and an oil leak fixed. The CX5 needs nothing.
I also need to decide on a track day or 2 and get signed up. I believe this is the last year I will be able to use my current helmet since it has a 2010 date. Is that right?
My plan is to do a lot of remodeling on our house and possibly have a new garage built.

edit: I might upgrade the rear sway bar on both the P5 (if I can find one cheap) and the CX5. The CX5 understeers like one would expect but it is just too much imo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back