The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I used www.nationalautoshipping.com to have the black P5 shipped from GA to OH in a cover trailer for about $550. Josh asked me for info on shipping a car and their prices have doubled. He was quoted twice as much to ship a car from SC to OH in a covered trailer and about $500 in an uncovered one.

They were super helpful, replied to all of my emails within 30 mins, the truck driver was super nice and patient and careful unloading the car. I would recommend them, but the price might be a deal breaker.

Thanks guys!

eprx, I did this when I bought my 03 last March. But I'm currently on short term disability with my primary employer and filed for lost wages with my secondary plus still in OT and PT for injuries. Don't think my employers, doctors or ins. co. would be happy to find I made a 20hr drive home, considering I haven't worked in over a month. Trust me....if not for this, I'd be on the first flight out to make another road trip.

Sho at this point, he'd probably get back to you quicker than I can get the damn thing inspected. Ordered it Monday morning and dealer just called saying the inspector contacted him and would be there this morning. Supposedly, 1 business day for me to get the report, so that is Monday. According to the site, I should have had it in hand within 2-3 business days. (flame)

I'll check that co. out Evan....I don't think I've gotten a quote from them. Damn...that is a great price! I've been quoted $575-$1177 for door to door service on an open carrier. And anywhere from 5 days to 16 days for transit. Will def. check them out though given your review.

That's pretty cool Bill!

images

LMAO Nate!

Thanks Sho and funny story....that is the first place I called as they were the first one to come to mind. Quote was $899 from the dealer door to their terminal in Linden NJ and 10 days. For door to door, it's $1151 and 16 days. They are the only place that has come right out and said it would be more for door to door service? So confusing.

Watched some Barrett-Jackson this weekend and came away with a couple things.
1. I'm poor.
2. If I wasn't, I love C3 racing vettes with the frog eyes.
th

3. Is Piloti back in business? all the workers had on red pilotis
4. Older cars just look better then newer cars. Modern drivetrain + old sedan or wagon = dream daily driver for me. Definitly going that route with the Camaro.
5. Kennedy wants a Cadillac or a hot rod.

Also survived 10 hours with the kids by myself yesterday. Not as hard as I thought but definitly doesn't allow you to get as much stuff done around the house.

Yup, 2nd semester of Sophomore year. And nothing this weekend, but next weekend, going to Burgatory near Pittsburgh with a friend. Can't wait for that!

24 hours of Daytona watching and laundry folding for me.

If anyone remembers my issue before Christmas, I had a vacuum leak in my car, didn't know what the problem was. This was my intake hose.....
lY9k4ZR.jpg
yeeeuuuuup it was deteriorated to s***. Thank god that was an easy fix. My dad said he was surprised it never died lol.

24 hours of Daytona watching and laundry folding for me.

I don't know why Mazda bothers with USCR. 42 and 49 out of 53. Isn't that worse than last year? And they supposedly "fixed" the issues...

That being said it was actually a pretty good race - few cautions and the P and GTLM battles were good. Tough luck for Wayne Taylor Racing but then again that was a pretty big oversight in the end with driver time. I loved the BMW/Corvette battle in GTLM though. Crazy ending in PC too!

I don't know why Mazda bothers with USCR. 42 and 49 out of 53. Isn't that worse than last year? And they supposedly "fixed" the issues...

That being said it was actually a pretty good race - few cautions and the P and GTLM battles were good. Tough luck for Wayne Taylor Racing but then again that was a pretty big oversight in the end with driver time. I loved the BMW/Corvette battle in GTLM though. Crazy ending in PC too!

With wanting a presence in the American Racing scene USCR is really their only option for a bigger stage. They "fixed" that issue, but are still slow. It was hard to watch them for sure. I had on the in-car feed and they couldn't pass GTD cars. They did lead a lap somehow. Since they have a "small budget" why didn't they try to work something out with IMSA to run in PC? Every car is the same so that has to keep cost down I would think, and they might be competitive. They ran pretty close to the same lap times.

The Taylor racing situation was crazy but the battles were good all race long. I really thought the Porsches were going to be 1-2-3 in GTLM by sun up but the factory cars took each other out and the Falken car just fell off and then had problems. I felt like overall the racing was more competitive across the bored.

sNOw problem for me this morning! wagon felt great on what I'm considering the first real snow. Other drivers however...

And speaking of Mazda and low budget, I wonder if they have ever thought about the skyactiv 3 w/ 2.5L engine for the conti series in ST. Stock it's in the HP range, maybe give it an Intake, free flowing exhaust and tweak the tune it might be competitive.

Last edited:
With wanting a presence in the American Racing scene USCR is really their only option for a bigger stage. They "fixed" that issue, but are still slow. It was hard to watch them for sure. I had on the in-car feed and they couldn't pass GTD cars. They did lead a lap somehow. Since they have a "small budget" why didn't they try to work something out with IMSA to run in PC? Every car is the same so that has to keep cost down I would think, and they might be competitive. They ran pretty close to the same lap times.
I don't know why IMSA lets them run the diesel engines considering it's 3 years later and they're STILL not available to the public. How is this any different than using a 20B? At least they had that setup sorted out.

The Taylor racing situation was crazy but the battles were good all race long. I really thought the Porsches were going to be 1-2-3 in GTLM by sun up but the factory cars took each other out and the Falken car just fell off and then had problems. I felt like overall the racing was more competitive across the bored.
Yeah, I forgot all about the Porsche problems. I liked how the BMW was faster without the rear body work. What was it with cars hitting signs though? The biggest "oh crap" moment had to be the #54 PC car though - hitting the wall and going up in flames within the last 30 minutes...

sNOw problem for me this morning! wagon felt great on what I'm considering the first real snow. Other drivers however...
Maybe a 1/2 in. mixed with ice down here. Nothing the AWD tank couldn't handle.

And speaking of Mazda and low budget, I wonder if they have ever thought about the skyactiv 3 w/ 2.5L engine for the conti series in ST. Stock it's in the HP range, maybe give it an Intake, free flowing exhaust and tweak the tune it might be competitive.
I'm more interested if we'll see the next MX-5 in CTSCS. The current 2.0L in those is around what, 200 HP? Mazda still hasn't released engine details but I think the 2.0L 155 HP SkyActiv is likely considering the added lightness. Even with a moderate bump in power that'd still make it the least-powered car in the series, right?

I don't know why IMSA lets them run the diesel engines considering it's 3 years later and they're STILL not available to the public. How is this any different than using a 20B? At least they had that setup sorted out.
But the diesels are coming...someday....I think IMSA looks at it as a novelty that allows them to say they are technologically diverse.

Yeah, I forgot all about the Porsche problems. I liked how the BMW was faster without the rear body work. What was it with cars hitting signs though? The biggest "oh crap" moment had to be the #54 PC car though - hitting the wall and going up in flames within the last 30 minutes...
To go 23 hours and 40 minutes and then wreck would be heart breaking, add being in the lead by a comfortable margin too.

I'm more interested if we'll see the next MX-5 in CTSCS. The current 2.0L in those is around what, 200 HP? Mazda still hasn't released engine details but I think the 2.0L 155 HP SkyActiv is likely considering the added lightness. Even with a moderate bump in power that'd still make it the least-powered car in the series, right?
I'm excited for the next gen miata too. I thought it was confirmed that the US was getting the 2.0 and everywhere else gets the 1.5L. The 3 just might give some teams a higher HP option (more weight and FWD though) and make the 3 seem like more than a family econo-box sedan. I know that's what it is, but it's not far off of the Cvic SI in HP, and has more torque and less weight off the production line.

Back