The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

If any one is looking for a beater/winter car, there is a local guy selling an 04 3s fully loaded for $5,750. It is an auto though.

* Car has about 85,000 miles and has what we think is every option. Has Navigation, HID headlights, moonroof and power everything. Car is in good shape with a very clean interior. It does have rust behind each rear wheel.

^ you sound like a jealous girlfriend hahahaha

L.O.L.

3ad7ae9ea34456400aac24b38aa606a7acf0ea5efcc7a42639d7ecfc5c56b9f7.jpg

Many lol points to Nate on that one.

I was bored yesterday and found a bunch but decided to only post that one.

Holy crap it's early, I should get to work at 7 more often. No traffic, no one to bug me till about 8:30-9 and I can leave at 3:30ish depending on how long I take for a lunch.

I have a bunch of Meguir's Gold soap left over from Nate Fest I'll be using to wash our cars for winter prep but realized I don't have anything else.

Question for the day: What Cleaning products do you guys prefer?
Soap:
Wax:
Claybar system:
Wheel Cleaner:
Glass Cleaner:
Interior:
Leather:
Tire Shine:
Anything else I'm missing:

and go!

I'm always in the office by 7 AM and I don't usually leave until ~4:30 PM. Monday I need to be in the office at 6:30 :(

I've been in the office at 6AM the past two weeks, and didn't leave last night till 6PM.

On another note, has anyone else here hardwared (CAT6) their home? I'm 80% done with the legwork as far as access pannels and routes cleared though the basement/walls/attic. Now to make it look nice, I have wall plates I need to locate and install before running the wire.

IOn another note, has anyone else here hardwared (CAT6) their home? I'm 80% done with the legwork as far as access pannels and routes cleared though the basement/walls/attic. Now to make it look nice, I have wall plates I need to locate and install before running the wire.

I've wired several. Just make sure you follow the correct color code & have a good punch down tool & you should be good to go. CAT 6 is basically the same as CAT 5 just it has more shielding in it. Sounds like you got the easy stuff done, now comes the hard part of making sure everything works, lol

Question for the day: What Cleaning products do you guys prefer?
Soap:
Wax:
Claybar system:
Wheel Cleaner:
Glass Cleaner:
Interior:
Leather:
Tire Shine:
Anything else I'm missing:

and go!

Griot's Garage for all of the above. Except https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)for the interior.

And of course Rain-X for the windshield. I use the Rain-X glass cleaner normally, but I have some of the foaming Griot's glass cleaner if the windshield is really dirty or there are a lot of bugs on it.

I've wired several. Just make sure you follow the correct color code & have a good punch down tool & you should be good to go. CAT 6 is basically the same as CAT 5 just it has more shielding in it. Sounds like you got the easy stuff done, now comes the hard part of making sure everything works, lol

Making the cables isn't hard at all. I've been making CAT6 patch cables for a while, it helps to have quality crimp, stripping and cutting tools. I wish I had a tester, but eh, it's always worked first time, so I'm not worried.

As for the hard part, I have 3 studs to drill through and one more access panel to install. I'm trying to get the base in place so when I go to a dedicated switch shortly I have minimal time pulling things off the wireless to hardwire.

I wired a few rooms in the last house I was in. Basically just to get from where the router was located to my office. I am using power line networking to get between access points/switches in my new house. I have no reason or desire to run permanent wiring.

Back