Tail of the Dragon Run!

:
Mazdaspeed3. 2008
Anyone heard of the Tail of the Dragon? Deals Gap Tenessee... 318 curves in 11 miles. Road is unreal. No cross traffic. One end has a gas station and the other a turn around. Heading down June 6 - 8, 2008. Mazda3 and MS3 owners lets go! There are over 1000 miles of similar roads in that area that cross back and fourth between TN and NC and are amazing isolated roads.

haha im sure u also read how the cops there will pull u over for sneezing without there permission? seriously, idk if its worth it considering u wont be able to do much with your car, at least there.

I have heard and seen horror stories there but this will be my 5th time and no problems before. I dont feel the need to be obvious with my driving so could have some luck with that.

one thing they are giving ppl like us tickets left and right. if they catch you going over the speed limit you will get a ticket.. speed limit is only 35mph.

Never heard of it...

<-------

Go early in the morning (watch for turkey crossings).

Go at dusk (watch for bears crossings).

I'd rather ride with the turkeys and bears than the pigs any day!

Last edited:
i wanna go. maybe my suspension will be done. lol i won't beable to keep up with a ms3 or probably even a 3 on a straight away. but i can i on some sweet curvey roads? that is the question. lol i wish more MAZDA buddies where in southaven Mississippi, or even Memphis. DAMN IT!

If you go, DO THE SPEED LIMIT!! Too many idiots out there running over there crossing the center line.

I've watched my fair share of vids of guys on motorcycles pulling stupid sh!t weaving in and out of traffic. There is a Tree of Shame

check it out

Awsome area though, but, not the place to drive stupid. Too many other people on the road

yeah, I have heard of it :)
<-- number of runs including at night and in the rain.

This will be my 4th time. First time with a car though so it should be fun. I just got all my video car attachment equipment hooked up so I will be posting some good video when I get back hopefully!

i made these a few years back, this is just a short clips, but you get the idea.. iv been going to the gap for about 9 years now, about 2 times a year avg. its fun, you have to control your self, theirs no room for mistakes.. and you have 318 chances to make one..lol
if i have the money i might try to make it down for your event..
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attac...hmentid=109237

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attac...hmentid=109237

Man, I didn't know the lines on the road were just for show.(ugh)

Back