Spicy with Black TE37's

what tire size you going to run 215/35/18 or 205/40/18? so what you going to do with the other TE's? cant wait to see this HellaFlush set up!

Efren

yeah its going to be crazy, maybe to close to the edge we'll see. fun to mess around with it for sure. i got just over an inch clearance between the rim and the coil so as long as it's not slammed to all hell i should be able to keep the tire from hitting anything.

what tire size you going to run 215/35/18 or 205/40/18? so what you going to do with the other TE's? cant wait to see this HellaFlush set up!

Efren

i tend to think flush-as-%#$! set up but then im bias. ;) not sure about the wheels. going to have to test a few things out. i don't like too much stretch so i'm leaning towards 215/35/18 but the whole point in running this setup was to bulk the car out. ever since i added the splitter i felt like the car needed it.

here are the rears - way to much offset for the MSP so i'm looking at 18x8.5+30

rear_te3700.jpg
rear_te3701.jpg
rear_te3702.jpg
rear_te3703.jpg

Last edited:
maybe i missed it but which cage is that? and do you have any pics of the mounting points for the cage and the panels that surround it? ive been thinking of getting a rear roll cage.

btw i love your car. by far my favorite spicy.

camber and tire stretch is going to be a must with this, but you might have to raise the height.

camber and tire stretch is going to be a must with this, but you might have to raise the height.

so i have two 18X8.5 +22's. I fitted them in the front...and the back to see how bad it was. I only have two +22's because i new that the +22 would fit rup front with a little camber, ride height adjustment, and stretch.

+22 on the back is way too much offset for my liking so i will not be running +22 in the rear. I just slapped them on so i could start the measuring process. right now i'm leaning towards +30 in the rear. te37's at 8.5 width have few offset options; +22 +30 +40.

looks wicked man... quite the bend in the lip though eh?

thanks man - one wheel has a nice bend in it but I know a guy who can take care of it. i'm dropping them off today to be cleaned up and repaired. all and all i will have about $600 into the pair when said and done.

then it's onto the rear's which is going to be more of a challenge i think.

Last edited:
maybe i missed it but which cage is that? and do you have any pics of the mounting points for the cage and the panels that surround it? ive been thinking of getting a rear roll cage.

btw i love your car. by far my favorite spicy.

it's parana's old cage - auto power < http://www.autopowerindustries.com/applicationlist.asp

It was a b**** to get in because of some stupid s*** on my part. it's not coming out unfortunately but then I am not planning on selling the car.

i dont have too many photos of how it all mounts up

msp_012.jpg

basically there are two mounts on each rear wheel well and two on the floor behind the front seats. i removed the rear seat so right now it's all finished out to hide the lateral mounts.

BTW - thanks for the complements!

thanks for the pics and link. is it possible to keep the rear seat? not necessarily use it just have it there for looks?

Hope to meet you at forum fest :D, now there's no chance of me winning anything!

lol - there's a good chance the motor might be out of the MSP making room for the new motor. So there's still a chance ;) I'll be there no matter what judging :) So keep an eye out for AAC crew.

any update with the new set up? cant stop thinking about it!

Efren

any update with the new set up? cant stop thinking about it!

Efren

you and me both man, soon... wheel works is taking their sweet time with the repair. i'll be test fitting tires in the next week, i hope, as is. then they will go to spray shop

teaser fitment pic

te37
18x8.5 +22

tire
215x35x18 - 8.5 < if running the front must drop

teaser_02_fitment_215x35x18_8.5.jpg

next tire fitment test, sometime next week

205x40x18 - 8.5

damn! looking good! if want lower 205/40/18 is a must, but i only found Bridgestone and Toyo that got that size and it aint cheap either. You planning to add some camber front and rear? Also you going with the same paint scheme as the first set ay? BTW what will happen to the old TE's??=)

damn! looking good! if want lower 205/40/18 is a must, but i only found Bridgestone and Toyo that got that size and it aint cheap either. You planning to add some camber front and rear? Also you going with the same paint scheme as the first set ay? BTW what will happen to the old TE's??=)

agreed man. 40 will fill everything out nicely i think. not totally feeling this set up yet. once tire fitment it correct I'll for sure mess with camber and some drop. not sure about the old set going to keep for a while. new paint will start out flat black then evolve. :)

Back