Speaker Sizes, Harnesses and Kits of all Mazdas

THe power and the sub is not the problem, the problem is that you are trying to make it go louder then it possibly can and you are trhowing distortion to it and killing s***. You need more power and more subwoofer surface area to meet your SPL needs.

1sty said:
THe power and the sub is not the problem, the problem is that you are trying to make it go louder then it possibly can and you are trhowing distortion to it and killing s***. You need more power and more subwoofer surface area to meet your SPL needs.

Thanks! I guess I'll learn to live with it turned down, but I'll definitely get some new speakers soon. As for lack of an install kit, any ideas on a good double din HU?

Every company makes a dash kit for the protege. Metra, Scoshce, AI, plus you can always use a pocket or the MP3/MSP factory kit.

Double din head unit wise, I don't know of much. Pioneer and clarion build a few but they are generaly hoaky looking. You could always do the Pioneer AVIC-D1 with buil in Navigation :D

1sty said:
Every company makes a dash kit for the protege. Metra, Scoshce, AI, plus you can always use a pocket or the MP3/MSP factory kit.

Double din head unit wise, I don't know of much. Pioneer and clarion build a few but they are generaly hoaky looking. You could always do the Pioneer AVIC-D1 with buil in Navigation :D
Where would I find an MP3/MSP factory kit, a dealer or perhaps any online sources?

just got a realllly stupid question
for Scosche: MA03, u said no illumination..... , what does that mean? so the aftermarket HU won't light up or something?? i m sorry, i know its a very dumb question.. but i m just confused

Hey B1ackB0x02, I'm wanting the same info... would really rather have the MSP pocket instead of the standard kit... anyone know the Mazda partnumbers? I guess I can call the dealer, but getting those guys to look up something obscure like this is probably asking for a headache. Also, couldn't I buy that whole factory kit that the MazdaSpeed cars use for their Kenwoods?

All parts are already listed in my first post of this thread:

Stock MP3 and MSP Pocket: BJ1H-66-9MO
Stock MP3 and MSP Support Bar: TA06-66-9B1

The "whole" kit only consists of the pocket, support bar, and 2 screws.

I would not call them special but yes to remove any standard kenwood radio, you need to kenwood "keys". All they really are 4" long, thin sheet metal strips. They go in between the cage and the radio on both sides.

hey,
i read the first post and a few others...i need a "kit" to instal a cd player i have, but tried beskits.com and metrausa.com.....nothing worked....is there a good one out there?

justanotheradikt said:
hey,
i read the first post and a few others...i need a "kit" to instal a cd player i have, but tried beskits.com and metrausa.com.....nothing worked....is there a good one out there?

I didn't want a flimsy kit either, so I ordered the MSP bar from the Mazda dealership (about $20) and bought a metra pocket for $15. Not as clean as the MSP pocket, but tons cheaper and looks great and feels solid (the stereo is at least). Some slight wiggle in the pocket. Anyway, good luck on your quest.

justanotheradikt said:
how does that bar hold up the cd player?

Yeah, it keeps the deck secure (also using the cdplayer mouting bracket the stereo came with) and the pocket just pops in under it. The bar cuts that double din whole in half, so your stereo bracket fits perfectly in the dash hole. You'll need to get some screws to mount the bar... you pay that much for a piece of metal and no included screws. I just found some small nut and bolt in the garage and it worked fine. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I don't think so - different manufacturers have different ways of clipping the deck into the bracket.

cdt installl

I just got a pair of cdt 61a , they're 6x5 components and I am wondering on how to go about installing this. the level of difficulty and how much work is involved.

Any suggestions?

Back