Scoobs Build Thread

Ok, here's a heads-up. The short shift plate is on and the SRI/Ram air box is installed too. Love to look, but I want to find ways to remove that left over plastic intake from oem. The cables are really close to the SRI/Ram Air box, I may have to remove the Ram air and filter to relocate some cables. Or even a battery relocation to the trunk would be ok.

The shift feel is great, really short.
The SRI sounds amazing, doesn't sound like it's a 1.5l under the hood anymore. Power increase is what you may think it will be, rev faster, feels a bit stronger. Can't wait to see what the CS CBE/race pipe will sound and feel with the SRI.

Heads-up on the springs, GET THEM lol but do get the dampers too. The stock shocks/struts don't work well with the stock springs imagine with stiffer springs.

I really need to make me a tool to play with the strut main bolt and hex 6mm. I'm thinking of welding a wrench to a 17mm socket and buying 3/8 hex 6mm socket.

That all sounds like too much work. I like using a bike tire tube. Just wrap the shaft, lock on the vice grips, and hit the top nut with a long socket on your impact. Actually, when I installed the CS adjustables today my bare hand was all it took to hold the shaft while I hit the nut with the impact. Turns out swapping struts only is a bit easier and quicker than swapping springs only.

Some people just put a socket on it and use vice grips to hold the socket.
This is what I did for the install, but having tools all ready made for the struts would be cool and would make the job easy. I got access to welders it wouldn't take me more than 2min to make. And the 6mm hex socket is a low cost tool too.
I got 3 17mm deep sockets in my tool box and many imperial wrenches of the same size so it wouldn't cost me a thing to make.

That all sounds like too much work. I like using a bike tire tube. Just wrap the shaft, lock on the vice grips, and hit the top nut with a long socket on your impact. Actually, when I installed the CS adjustables today my bare hand was all it took to hold the shaft while I hit the nut with the impact. Turns out swapping struts only is a bit easier and quicker than swapping springs only.

I like making special tools for specific jobs and since me and my wife have the same car it will be useful for both of us :) I don't have a air compressor any more so my impacts are sitting in the tool box. Next summer I'll have a new compressor.

I checked today and the car is lower than in the pictures. The drop is sweet dead on and now I feel like I need new wider wheels and tires.

I'll buy a set of Black Enkei RSF5 16x7" for DD with Conti ExtremeContact DW P205/45R16.

For track days I got 3 choices:
Kosei K1 15x7" + Falken AZENIS RT-615K P205/50R15
6UL 15x7" + same tires as above
Enkei RPF1 15x7" + same tires as above

Last edited:
I checked today and the car is lower than in the pictures. The drop is sweet dead on and now I feel like I need new wider wheels and tires.

I'll buy a set of Black Enkei RSF5 16x7" for DD with Conti ExtremeContact DW P205/45R16.

For track days I got 3 choices:
Kosei K1 15x7" + Falken AZENIS RT-615K P205/50R15
6UL 15x7" + same tires as above
Enkei RPF1 15x7" + same tires as above

Consider the tr motorsport miata spec wheels. I have those and they are really nice

The TR wheels you want to consider are the 15x7 +30 (black or grey) or the 15x7.5 +42. If you aren't concerned with filling out the wheel wells there is a 15x7 +42 also I think. I had the TRM 15x7 +30 in grey on my miata and thought they were awesome for the price.

Why not consider the 15x7 K4R? They look way better in person then in photos, and are super light. Some sizes are even lighter then the RPF1's.

The TR wheels you want to consider are the 15x7 +30 (black or grey) or the 15x7.5 +42. If you aren't concerned with filling out the wheel wells there is a 15x7 +42 also I think. I had the TRM 15x7 +30 in grey on my miata and thought they were awesome for the price.

Why not consider the 15x7 K4R? They look way better in person then in photos, and are super light. Some sizes are even lighter then the RPF1's.

I was thinking of the K4R for track days too, so many wheels I'm loosing track of what I want lol

I think I may get the C1M 15x7" +30 in black for DD but for racing I really think the K4R will fit the bill nicely. 94$ for the TR :) Now I got to think tires for DD and racing, P205/50R15. I like the Falkens, they look soooo sweet and they said something about "OPTIMIZED AQUA TUSK POSITIONING reduces tread squirm while delivering flagship wet grip" lol I have no clue if they're good in the rain....

I may get NeoGen for DD, I had them before and they were pretty good for city streets, rainy conditions.

Update on the clunking noise.... it was the main strut bolt, it wasn't torqued to anything lol Lucky I found the prob!

Hey guys my wife killed 2 of her front oem tires so to be nice and help her out I'm giving her my oem tires. So I'm ordering these Falken tires http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Falken/AZENIS+RT-615K/28233572

A bit wide for the 15x6" but next summer I'll buy my 15x7" and transfer the tires on the new wheels :)

The handling difference is gonna change your life, going with those tires, from stock.

The handling difference is gonna change your life, going with those tires, from stock.
So these tires with the CS springs + torsion bar are going to make me smile more than the front grill of my Mazda2 lol I like this idea :)

I got to say thank you to my wife for killing her 2 front tires and pushing me to order these Falken tires to get my oem tires lol really nice of her hi hi hi

I'm planning of getting a 3rd one in 3-4years for my wife's daughter, she like Green :) But it will be an Auto hi hi hi
She will get some lil mods but nothing too crazy, mostly stereo upgrade, SRI/Ram Air Box, axle back, better brakes, RB springs, CS torsion bar, tint and that's it.

Back