Rotary in a P5

Man everyone's a buncha party poopers in here... If ANY car mods are cost-effective, let us all know. We play with cars because we like cars and we like cool neat-o toys and such. You KNOW you've all wetdreamed of having an RXP5.

It's just too logical a combination. Someday someone on here'll do it. And we'll all circlejerk to it accordingly.

Oh yea someone is BOUND to do it. Just like the THOUSANDS of AWD swaps that happened right after the first one was complete. (jerkit)
Logic dictates spending upwards of $30k to get an FC3S with a worse suspension design. I'll be irrational and take a TurboII for $3k.

Last edited:
shaneMazda2000P said:
yeah, corksport was gettin him everything he needed to do it, i think he stoped cause he got a rx7 to play with ..

it would also have put his car into an autoX class where he would have been totally outclassed by other vehicles as he told me

Okay...here's one for all you guys...(JW)

But...how much would it affect the pricing of the swap IF...

Someone were to get the rotary engine from a friend?

And/Or...Get the engine, but...install it in a 1st Gen?

Last edited:
Pro5Lani said:
Okay...here's one for all you guys...(JW)

But...how much would it affect the pricing of the swap IF...

Someone were to get the rotary engine from a friend?

And/Or...Get the engine, but...install it in a 1st gen?

tons of variables here...

install which engine into a first gen what? first gen rx7 or first gen protege?
<maybe i="" should="" move="" this="" question="" to="" the="" 1st="" gen="" section?)[/quote=""></maybe>

Rally-x Monster P5t

OK I am hooked on this idea now, a Rotary (or Zetec) AWD P5T running a lift kit and running over 300 hp with 1.5 bar boost. Fully built internals, stripped interior, roll cage,
oh, yeah...and it's gonna be my daily driver too. I just remove the whole cat-back at race time.

Just need to build an easy-to-remove A/V compartment!

If the TUNNEL is there...
why not swap in another AWD transmission? <anyone try this yet?>

WHAT mates up to the FS-DE?

LSDs; who has used the T-F or something else...I found a couple of others (Quaiffe?sp?) too. seriously considering doing this soon.

ok, next question..
auto tranny upgrades to 5 spd or new clutch packs...any threads on this?

OR

Has anyone done gull-wing doors on a P5 yet? Ya know u just treat the 2 side doors as 1 big one and cantilever it.
Way kewller than scissor doors.

HIN Boston in 2 days!!

(mswerd) (humpleg)

You go ahead and build a "lifted" awd protege. And I would hope you can get more than 300 hp with 22 psi. Why would you remove the catback when you want to race. Just get a good catback and you won't lose torque by taking it off. The AWD tranny in the sport 20 attaches to an fs-ze, which is the same block we have.

An auto on a 3rd gen pprotege is an auto on a 3rd gen protege. The cost/hassle of swapping it out is just too great. Better to just buy a new car.

Gull wing doors are way too big a project. You'd have to basicaly take the body of your car off or cut the roof and doors apart and build a whole new, very think, frame through the pillars and the roof to support the weight and the pressure of the doors pushing down on it. If you rtried to do it with everything stock, the roof would dimply collapse on itself as soon as you opened it. It would be cool as hell if it really worked, but it would be hard and expensive.

Ues the search button in the future.

Back