Rear HCAV fan stays on for a minute after ignition off

2007cx9

Just this morning the CX-9 was switched off after a commute and the rear HVAC fan stayed on. After some playing around I figured out it would eventually turn off. It has NOT done this before. It does it every time we turn it off now.

Is it a problem or something I don't know about?

...sorry misspelled the title.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to mention. The HVAC was all turned off when ignition was on so the fans are all off -- then I turn the ignition off and the rear fan turns on. Seems to be running full speed too.

mine too...did not even take it back to dealer even though it was under warranty, did not feel like waiting around service or renting a loaner...just got the two relay's, replace front and rear...took two minutes to replace them....parts are about 12 bucks each...

Yea I took it in. Only took 5 minutes. I made an appointment. The dealer here is pretty good. As good as a dealer can be I guess.

i am sorry i didn't understand. whats a tsb, because my wifes truck did this once as well, fans ran for almost 5 minutes...

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

If you are still in warranty, go to dealership and ask them to replace the relays. If you are out of warranty, replace both (front and rear) blower relays located under the hood relay box closest to the driver's side fender. Part number G115-67-730 quantity of 2.

Back