rear engine mount How-to

bump for some info here..

is there something special about it ?

looks like a b**** to change

Last edited:
correct! the rear one is definitely the most difficult and will require the most time to change. most people just change the front and the side with good results.

Biggest problem I had was that the bolts were stuck. Other than that its no worse than anything else.

Yes this is a TOUGH one. After breaking two swivel joints using my 3/8" rachet, I switched to 1/2" breaker bar and long extension and was able to break the bolts loose.

Remove the throttle body and cold pipe to clear some space to reach rear mount. Then remove the wire harness from the firewall. I had to cut off its lower stud to allow socket to fit over back mount bolt.

Access the engine bolt through the drivers wheel well (tire removed of course).

Yes this is a TOUGH one. After breaking two swivel joints using my 3/8" rachet, I switched to 1/2" breaker bar and long extension and was able to break the bolts loose.

Remove the throttle body and cold pipe to clear some space to reach rear mount. Then remove the wire harness from the firewall. I had to cut off its lower stud to allow socket to fit over back mount bolt.

Access the engine bolt through the drivers wheel well (tire removed of course).

1- "I had to cut off its lower stud to allow socket to fit over back mount bolt."
what stud?
2- how did you manage to take off the lower bolt holding the wiring harness?
3-how did you unscrew the the bolt holding on the engine? did you do it by the wheel well ?

1- "I had to cut off its lower stud to allow socket to fit over back mount bolt."
what stud?
2- how did you manage to take off the lower bolt holding the wiring harness?
3-how did you unscrew the the bolt holding on the engine? did you do it by the wheel well ?

Answers to:

1) the lower stud on firewall that holds the wireharness, there are three total, two on upper side of harness were not in way
2) used small 1/4" rachet and deep socket
3) wedged a box end wrench on inside nut, and used long extension on 1/2" racket thru wheel well to loosen & remove engine bolt from mount

mine was easy...did it when installing intake manifold..plenty of room then. but def. have some swivels its almost imppossible without them.

Back