Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • Love it

Votes: 99 74.4%

• Total voters
Hmmm... I am trying to picture this in my mind. I guess I don't understand? I am average sized, (180 lbs, 5' 11") and I don't hit the side there. Am I missing something?

yeah man I'm clueless myself! I never touch the side at all either but its all white/worn like you know how dried out plastic looks when its dying for armor all? Thats what it looks like there. So I'm not sure how mine looks like that if I don't touch ti either.

But overall on the interior there are lots of different textures: the door panels, dash, inside the cluster/guage surround, around the knees/cd player area, under the dash, on top of the dash/airbag area,and on the top of the guage cluster. Lots of testures that trap little dirt/dust particals and make for harder cleaning. I refrain from armor all since it makes it worse, just use a damp towel

anyways, back to the thread for likes/dislikes!

i've only had it on for a couple weeks, but i've had awesome results with turtlewax F21 interior super protectant so far. i know a lot of you guys hate that greasy residue, and yes it has one if you over-apply it, but even then it's only there for a day. makes all the plastic look kickass, i put it on just about everything in the front of the car. even thru it on the leather on the seats (its supposedly ok for that too, according to the bottle) and looks nice so far, but im thinking twice about that because i feel like it might make it prone to cracking. i'll have to throw some leather lotion on it when it wears out. as far as the dash and steering wheel and such, it gives it a nice shine, not too much like pleather or something, but just enough to make it look brand new. and the dust pretty much blows itself off with the windows open, tho i'll take a damp rag to it occasionally.

as far as not having much room to the right of the gas pedal... i'm 6'4" and yea, my leg leans right up against that. however, i have no problem with it. it allows me to relax my leg and i just let it prop right up against the plastic. especially nice on long rides where my foot is on the gas for a while constantly (not a huge fan of cruise as i tend to stop paying attention to stuff). i havent noticed any excessive wear in that area, but then again my car is 2 months old with about 2k miles on it.

i've only had it on for a couple weeks, but i've had awesome results with turtlewax F21 interior super protectant so far. i know a lot of you guys hate that greasy residue, and yes it has one if you over-apply it, but even then it's only there for a day. makes all the plastic look kickass, i put it on just about everything in the front of the car. even thru it on the leather on the seats (its supposedly ok for that too, according to the bottle) and looks nice so far, but im thinking twice about that because i feel like it might make it prone to cracking. i'll have to throw some leather lotion on it when it wears out. as far as the dash and steering wheel and such, it gives it a nice shine, not too much like pleather or something, but just enough to make it look brand new. and the dust pretty much blows itself off with the windows open, tho i'll take a damp rag to it occasionally.

as far as not having much room to the right of the gas pedal... i'm 6'4" and yea, my leg leans right up against that. however, i have no problem with it. it allows me to relax my leg and i just let it prop right up against the plastic. especially nice on long rides where my foot is on the gas for a while constantly (not a huge fan of cruise as i tend to stop paying attention to stuff). i havent noticed any excessive wear in that area, but then again my car is 2 months old with about 2k miles on it.

so when are you going to mod that sports car ;-) hehe

(rofl)

Already interesting results in this poll, I really wonder is 75% of the drivers out there right now can honestly say they love their cars. (Especially if it is their daily driver. Mine is.) BTW... I said like, but like a few ex-girlfriends already know, it takes me a while to say the "L" word...
;)

I can honestly say I love it. There are very few things, if any, I can point to as negative. Maybe the paint quality and the speckles in the Black Mica. Like someone else mentioned, I wish it was straight black. Still the best color imo:) Oh, and I wish it was even quicker!

I have no issues with the tranny, and the clutch so far seems to be holding up quite well. I love the black exhaust, the gritty road feel and stiff suspension. Clean tips are for pussy cars ;). I love the sound of the exhaust and the attention it gets, good or bad. High performance and brake dust go hand and hand so I have no beef there. Mazda hit a home run imo.

Love it but, Needs longer gearing, needs rear or all wheel drive,(front is annoying)need to be able to turn off the boost limitations in the first 2 gears, needs better stereo(I have the sport)needs better paint, everything else awesome!

^

don't worry, the Bose system isn't all that either... so you're not missing out on much..lmao

I've only had mine since June and I love it still, (guess I'm honeymoonin)!

Love:

The interior - the red accents kick ass
The stock 3 look - can you say sleeper?
The boost and whiplash I give my passengers - my kid loves the car
The Xenon headlights
The price - can't beat it.
The steering

Hate:

The low aim of the headlights
The black tail pipe
The stock intake - 263 hp out of a 2" hole with a cover (pow)
The lack of mods available - mostly any tuning chips
The shifter bushings and rubbery feel

Other than that I'm still waiting for the wife to get over the fact that I bought a sports car so I can start modding! I'm only doing free stuff till then!

Neutral; I don't hate it, but I sure wish that I had bought the E46 M3 I was originally considering. Now that I have the heap I guess I'll keep it 2-3 more years. My first and last FWD sled...

I love this car. I have had it since April 07 and still look forward to driving it every day. I have had a bad habit of trading vehicles about every 18 months, but have no desire to do anything with this one except to continue modding it. This car is the complete package with great power, handling and utility and puts a smile on my face everytime I get behind the wheel. I haven't had any problems with the clutch / shifter and don't care if the tailpipe is black. The mods are getting a little pricey, but each thing makes it more my own. This car (07, 08 or 08.5) is still among the best values out there IMO!

I cannot say, I love it. I am close, but certain things throw me off, like the aftermarket etc. In order for me to want to marry the car, it has to be perfect! It is a close lovin it affair though

I love it! Its a great little sports car for the money, i fall in love with over and over again every time i drive it.
There are four things id have to say i hate about the car: mazda made everything a PAIN IN THE ASS to mod, the brake dust, the stock rims, and the shifting (but the shifting not so much because ive got a new mm now)

Only had mine for a little over a week but here are my thoughts so far.

Power is great. Little turbo 4 takes some getting used to vs V8's and Pushrods and superchargers, but she'll go when needed. Love having a manual tranny.

Corners like an ice skater. Really, very sweet for a stock set up. I used to miss my S2000. Now I don't.

Creature features: Inside is nice and good considering the price. I am used to a lot more, but again, at more cost too. Little noisy, but it's not my long trip vehicle.

Again, when looking at bang for the buck, I think Mazda nailed it for a car under $25k.

Onto enjoying her just the same!

i love almost everything about this car. i hate the area next to the right knee

i don't know man. i'm about 5'8" and about 160 and my ******* knee hurts

LOL! Must be something about us 5'8" er's. My knee is also constantly rubbing here and I am the same size. I think to get close enough to operate the clutch, that R sided console outshoot rubs on our knees when resting off of the gas. You taller guys are probably laid back sippin your gin and juice, virtually sittin in the back seat, arm outstretched on the wheel, g-ridin! See what I'm saying, see what I'm saying!!!

Ok... yes... as a scientist I am having too much fun with this I know. But I am enjoying these discussions and polls, and isn't that what this forum is all about? Good discussions between proud Mazda owners?

All right... here is the deal. Rate your car, and then give at least one thing you like / love about it, and at least one thing you dislike / hate about it...

Here we go....

I like effortless acceleration, styling, room, brakes, suspension, red-stitching on the steering wheel, and price.

I hate the imprecise shifter, location of the intercooler, higher seat postion in the car than i would prefer and my damn right knee is always is hitting the center console!

I love the fact that I will look for any excuse to go for a ride. Need some milk dear? I'll go get it. Then drive accross town to a Wal Mart instead of the Wal Mart one mile from my house.

I love the look on the guys face when he catches up at the next light.
I love the inevitable question that always follows. "What is that?"

Back