racing beat sway bar

the MSP links are longer. those are not the fronts, because the fronts have opposing studs- the rears have the studs on the same side.

check this thread for dimensions:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123684051&highlight=endlinks

Thank you for that clarification.

So the front's are the same length & the rears are longer?? Why would that be? I was already looking into new rear endlinks, even tho mine are almost brand new. But hell, I should have just got regular protege ones...

Thank you for that clarification.

So the front's are the same length & the rears are longer?? Why would that be? I was already looking into new rear endlinks, even tho mine are almost brand new. But hell, I should have just got regular protege ones...

the sway bars are different geometry between the ES and the MP3. because where the MP3 bar is located, it needs longer links.

the sway bars are different geometry between the ES and the MP3. because where the MP3 bar is located, it needs longer links.

I mean my geometry is not even close to being parallel with the ground... I need ~2" shorter. Granted I'm lowered about 1.5" beyond stock MSP/MP3, so that's probably all that is.

How is the ES' sway bar mounted? I've never seen a pic of it.

Running a FWD car with a smaller front swaybar or disconnecting the front sway bar completely is nothing new in the autox world. People wouldn't do that if it made their car handle worse.

Or you can put some proper FAT tires on the front, beef up your rear suspension and run around using fwd like your supposed to...

Why would you decrease stiffness overall by downgrading the front sway, instead of just upgrading rear suspension... (shrug)

Last edited:
I mean my geometry is not even close to being parallel with the ground... I need ~2" shorter. Granted I'm lowered about 1.5" beyond stock MSP/MP3, so that's probably all that is.

How is the ES' sway bar mounted? I've never seen a pic of it.

i dont have a picture of the stock es bar mounted, but it curves upward in between the control links, and extends towards the rear of the car. the "Arms" on the ES bar are about twice as long as the MP3 ones.

are you sure you NEED 2" shorter endlinks? do you have a pic of your rear bar configuration? the stock MP3 endlinks are probably going to be just fine.

i dont have a picture of the stock es bar mounted, but it curves upward in between the control links, and extends towards the rear of the car. the "Arms" on the ES bar are about twice as long as the MP3 ones.

are you sure you NEED 2" shorter endlinks? do you have a pic of your rear bar configuration? the stock MP3 endlinks are probably going to be just fine.

I have MSP/MP3 endlinks on it currently. It's fine how it is, it's stiff. I 3 wheel cutting into driveways and such. But it could use an inch or 2 of adjustment to be parallel and give the proper pre-load.

I have MSP/MP3 endlinks on it currently. It's fine how it is, it's stiff. I 3 wheel cutting into driveways and such. But it could use an inch or 2 of adjustment to be parallel and give the proper pre-load.

i would be willing to be you dont need that adjustment. the primary benefit to adjustable endlinks is to be able to REMOVE preload, not so much to adjust the bar for lowering.

so i need just 4 new end links from MSP 2003 and AWR bushing and brakets ( i will put at the same time my new EIBACH pro kit ) all this will make i nice street suspention

so i need just 4 new end links from MSP 2003 and AWR bushing and brakets ( i will put at the same time my new EIBACH pro kit ) all this will make i nice street suspention

Ya, you should be very happy with it. I would recommend upgrading your struts to Tokico blues, also. But your oem struts will work for the time being. Let us know how the install goes!

I have awr rear mp3 endlinks I'd sell you for cheap...never used

Thread bump.
I had the link for that thread saved but it disappeared...
Can someone confirm that non-MSP/MP3 links are 6.5" and that the MSP/MP3 ones are 7.5"?

i dont have the exact measurements anymore, but i know the MSP/MP3 rear links are longer than the ES/Pro5 rear links

Back