Need clarification on Protege5 manual swaps *Please Help*

I just had a couple of questions regarding manual swaps.

Would a MP3 transmission fit a protege 5, is it a direct bolt on, has anyone done it before?

Also are there any benefits for running the racing beat rear sway bar or should I just leave the stock rear sway bar that came with the protege5.

Thank you for your help!

Manual transmission from MP3 should be the same as the Protege5. Mazdaspeed Protege had an LSD, but pretty sure that was the only difference.

Adding the rear sway bar from the MP3 will make the Protege5 feel much more responsive in the corners. Paired with the Racing Beat springs will make the car feel delightful.

Manual transmission from MP3 should be the same as the Protege5. Mazdaspeed Protege had an LSD, but pretty sure that was the only difference.

Adding the rear sway bar from the MP3 will make the Protege5 feel much more responsive in the corners. Paired with the Racing Beat springs will make the car feel delightful.
Would it cause more oversteer? And would that be bad for daily driving?

Never messed with front on mine. Progress rr sway back there and it feels great. It is 22mm, rb is 19mm and oem is 17mm iirc....i think ones who swapped front regretted it. Balance feels just right with just rr done.

Never messed with front on mine. Progress rr sway back there and it feels great. It is 22mm, rb is 19mm and oem is 17mm iirc....i think ones who swapped front regretted it. Balance feels just right with just rr done.

I remember that swapping out the front swaybar is a HUGE PITA.

Auto - Manual swaps are rare, lots of work involved other than bolting on the new box, new ecu, new gauge cluster, shifter and clutch mech iirc
Manual-manual swap should be fine, very little to no difference there

Rear swaybar is a must, massive improvement for very little effort! Highly recommended

Front swaybars are indeed a PITA, it's an engine out job if you want to avoid a nervous breakdown

Would it cause more oversteer? And would that be bad for daily driving?
Nope. I ran a Racing Beat rear sway bar with AXR bracket kit on my Protege sedan for many years. With the AXR brackets, the rear sway bar was VERY stiff, but never felt like it wanted to come around on me.

On my 2002 P5 I have installed the AWR trailing arms, and adjustable rear sway bar and racing beat springs with Koni 8610 single adjustable race shocks (yes, the suspension is worth more than the car). The rear sway bar can be mounted in front (stiff) or behind the lateral lower control arm. I have set mine behind the control arm, and the car is very neutral, such that you can actually use the throttle to rotate the car. I drove the car at a couple of Porsche club driver’s education events. It is especially a blast in rain on the track. I have only installed adjustable links on the front bar, but the Racing Beat springs only lower the car about 5/8” all around but it makes for the right height.

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2730.jpeg
    IMG_2730.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 31
Back