Quick question on if I should purchase a P5

ALeyser

I'm in Cleveland and found 1 2002 P5 with 100,000 miles on it for 3,850. It has some slight body damage on it and after getting it checked out by my mechanic he said it has $300 of immediate work and has major rust on the bottom. Should i still go through with the purchase?

Rust = expensive repairs or an unsightly look. As a rust-belt Protege owner, if I could do it again, I'd go to one of the Southern states to purchase a car to avoid the rust problem--not sure if you have the time or inclination.

thanks for the help guys. I have been really torn but feel I have made a solid choice thanks to everyone's help. Now i just have to find one with out rust

come to texas and get one, we dont get rust on our cars. except i got screwed on my p5 and paid like 10k for a crapomatic(uhm)

No. You will burn oil like a two-stroke
^Huh?
Please help me understand how this relates to the OP...

At 200Kmiles i burn no oil and as i monitor other posts i don't see that happening in any statistically signifcant numbers.

Thank you.

There are plenty of threads regarding oil consumption. Mine started at 98,000 KM! Just putting my 2 cents in. Don't get snappy now...

Thank You.

I have no oil consumption issues, but the rust on my car is growing like cancer. You will live to hate this purchase. I see the value of my car taking a s*** day by day.

Eric

The inside of my driver's door is all rusted and around the badges on the hatch. Not impressed :|

Back