Problems with stand alones

Good reading, but not as many issues with a Piggy back. IMHO, it really is all about the tuner, and if the car is tuned correctly. Also, in this thread, the guy basically was the test mule. If thats the case, thre are always issues in the beginning. Remember, it all has to start somewhere. :D

boostisgood said:
Good reading, but not as many issues with a Piggy back. IMHO, it really is all about the tuner, and if the car is tuned correctly. Also, in this thread, the guy basically was the test mule. If thats the case, thre are always issues in the beginning. Remember, it all has to start somewhere. :D
Everyone should read that entire thread.
BTW MPnick, why are you so worried about the AEM Unit.
It sounds like you are threatened. Maybe I'm wrong.

AEM by far is the most well organized institution here in america. They have fantastic support and the most knowledgable engineers around. In a few weeks the Protege community will have a chance to see this first hand.

boostisgood said:
Good reading, but not as many issues with a Piggy back. IMHO, :D

What piggyback are you running that you had problems with? This link shows what people that are running systems have to say. This is good so we do not have people talking out there lower end. We have a lot of talk from would be tuners here. I have yet to see any of these system run. Lots of talk about AFC's, FAST, AEM and a few others. I still have only seen the MPI Tuner doing what it is claimed to do.

Thanks again

Later...........Nick

Im talking about a proven unit, like the Greddy. Several people have tried it, and the MSP does not take the tune, once the car has been turned off. I have yet to see any other "proff" of another unit working on the MSP, or proof that any other unit does not constantly need retuned on an MP3 or a P5. :D

perfworks said:
Everyone should read that entire thread.
BTW MPnick, why are you so worried about the AEM Unit.
It sounds like you are threatened. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why would I worry about an overpriced unit that for most people the MPI Tuner would do all they need at less then half the price.

Thanks again

Later.........Nick

boostisgood said:
Nick and Nick, please lets not start a bashing thread here again. :D Lets keep it all safe and simple, and informative. :D
No bashing here. I have said that we are no longer going to bash anyone. I havent mentioned anyones product and I wont.
I dont have any issues with Mpnick or anyone. I am only asking. If he doesnt want to answer then it is fine.
I will allow the product to speak for it self. Mpnick is entitled to his own opinion on any matter. Just lets keep things at a point where we are only spreading info that is relative to helping people understand the benefits of our posts.
It is only normal for Vendors to feel a certain way when another product comes to market when it seemed to be alone.

MPNick said:
Why would I worry about an overpriced unit that for most people the MPI Tuner would do all they need at less then half the price.

Thanks again

Later.........Nick
Guess i was wrong in my assumption....

boostisgood said:
Im talking about a proven unit, like the Greddy. Several people have tried it, and the MSP does not take the tune, once the car has been turned off. I have yet to see any other "proff" of another unit working on the MSP, or proof that any other unit does not constantly need retuned on an MP3 or a P5. :D
Hey Craig, Why dont you mods ask Enry to get an Engine management section open.
We have over 5 units we are tuning for the Protege and future mazda projects, like the RX8,3, and 6
Aem is only one of the units. More are to come.

boostisgood said:

You need to get your info right. We have installed the MPI Tuner on 2 MSP car to date. Your statement is wrong and you are not posting facts.

Turning off the car and having problems is 100% BS, much like your two posts.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

MPNick, I ask, again, for the proof of this working. I have actually just done a search for some, and have found none.

As far as what happens when the car is turned off, and the ECU OVERRIDES the tune, that is what happens. Go REREAD the thread Turboge, a very knowledgable tuner, had about the emanage in his car. :D

perfworks said:
Hey Craig, Why dont you mods ask Enry to get an Engine management section open.
We have over 5 units we are tuning for the Protege and future mazda projects, like the RX8,3, and 6
Aem is only one of the units. More are to come.
Bumpity bump

my car works...that help? I can take a video of it moving if you need it lol

boostisgood said:

This comment is wrong and I have proof we will have thid done in two weeks and the emanage is doing just what we want it to do

QUOTE=boostisgood]MPNick, I ask, again, for the proof of this working. I have actually just done a search for some, and have found none.

As far as what happens when the car is turned off, and the ECU OVERRIDES the tune, that is what happens. Go REREAD the thread Turboge, a very knowledgable tuner, had about the emanage in his car. :D[/QUOTE]

This statement is also wrong and can prove it anytime you want, you tell me what you want for proof and I will give it to you. we are not completely done but it holds when you turn the car off.

Back