Problems with stand alones

MPNick said:
...(snip)

If you are running my piggyback and have codes it means you do not have it tuned 100% spot on.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

I think that holds true to any piggy-back or parallel set up...

And if you have trouble with cold starts on larger injectors, you don't have it tuned 100% spot on...

StuttersC said:
I think that holds true to any piggy-back or parallel set up...

And if you have trouble with cold starts on larger injectors, you don't have it tuned 100% spot on...
Where are all of the Protege people running big injectors? The only one who had balls to come on here and tell it like it is was Terry. Other people have also posted that they have had problems with running bigger injectors.

It is very hard to cut down the injector duty cylce and still keep a good spray pattern. As the spray pattern get screwed up the idle will also get screwed. This is not opinion thtis is facts. How far you can cut the duty cycle is the game that you have to play. From cold start, idle, part throttle and WOT. you have to play the game.

I have used and still use big injectors on some cars[not the Protege]. They all of a trade off. With the extra injectors you do not have any trade offs. You get the best of both worlds. Maybe I will be proved wrong. Lets see if the AEM PnP does ever happen and if it runs right with the 550cc injectors.

Thanks again

Later................Nick

MPNick said:
It is very hard to cut down the injector duty cylce and still keep a good spray pattern. As the spray pattern get screwed up the idle will also get screwed. This is not opinion thtis is facts. How far you can cut the duty cycle is the game that you have to play. From cold start, idle, part throttle and WOT. you have to play the game.
Are you saying that it is impossible to achieve a good idle with injectors of 550cc or bigger? Or are you saying it is HARD to achieve? Does the answer depend on the car in question?

Personally, I find it impossible to believe that big (550cc or bigger) injectors and smoth operation are mutually exclusive.

MPNick said:
Where are all of the Protege people running big injectors? The only one who had balls to come on here and tell it like it is was Terry. Other people have also posted that they have had problems with running bigger injectors.

I have used and still use big injectors on some cars[not the Protege]. They all of a trade off. With the extra injectors you do not have any trade offs. You get the best of both worlds. Maybe I will be proved wrong. Lets see if the AEM PnP does ever happen and if it runs right with the 550cc injectors.

Thanks again

Later................Nick

And where are all of the people running extra injectors pre-throttle body. You have five or six right? About the same number as running larger injectors...

And because one person says it's a problem, that means that it is for everyone? I have trouble with your logic here.

The underlying theme I get from your posts is that its your MPI Tuner or nothing. And for right now, unless you go stand alone, that is true. The Protege market isn't has big as the Civic market. So, it takes a longer amount of time for things to be developed, if at all.

Time will tell with AEM set up. If Link puts out something for the Protege, time will tell there as well.

Sometimes, ideas work, but there are better ways to achieve those goals. Simply becuase something was used in a number of different applications doesn't mean it is the best way.

Back