Powdercoated stock rims on Silver, chop'd

elderlycoffee said:
You can really do it in your own oven?

Yes, but the more I think about it, my time estimate may be off. I seem to think now that's it's 40 mins for a std home oven.
The kit does include 8oz. of gloss black plus your choice of 2, 1/2 lb container of "std" colors.
Gloss Clear (10093)
Gloss White (10100)
Bright Yellow (10096)
Bright Red (10105)
Ford Light Blue (10145)
Dark Green (10151)\

I wonder if they could be mixed to produce an inbetween hue?

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=5572&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=10198

Check it out for yourselves!

I can see my wife's face when she asked,"Whatcha cooking" and I open up the oven to show one rim baking.(flame)

Hey! Don't knock it until you've tried. It could become a running joke between you to laugh about for years to come. (lol)

Or, if like most she has no sense of humor, cause for divorce. :(

SSMS3 said:
Gunmetal and black. Black looks good and really changes the cars attitude

DAMN SON... that was my idea. I already had the caliper painted red! shoot. Looks hot.

Re:

Looks Great. trying to find someone in South Florida who can do the same to my rims.(rockon)

This may be a dumb question - but couldn't one simply have the wheels painted a dark dray as an alternative to powdercoating? What would be the barrier to having that done. I thought from the start a gray of some sort for the wheels would look nice on red and silver cars. I really wish we could get white here.

One could do just that, but powdercoating is much more resistant to chipping and fading than regular paint.
If you don't mind repainting your wheels (a big job) 4 times a year, that's the way you might go.
See what I mean?

Back