Operation Danger Kart build log

There is a shop Locally that actually recommended using a Unichip, and they have the ability to tune it.
Of course they recommended it, so they can charge you every time you buy a new part and need a new tune. Sorry, I just hate that about the Unichip, even though many people have had good success with them.

Yeah, moved some stuff around in my photobucket account. Really ought to fix all that soon.

It's back from the dead. I moved a bunch of stuff around in my photobucket and I will try to restore everything so it all works in this post. Since my last post, I have had quite the windy road with this car. Here is a quick update

Ditched the Unichip and went back to the SS. Found a new Walbro 255 lph pump for $45, the old pump finally died. 600cc injectors are coming out and getting replaced with 1000cc injectors.

My old TO4E took a dump, so I replaced it with a smaller 60 trim T3. Here is a quick recap from start to finish.

First mod was the front mount intercooler, HKS BOV and hard pipes.

S4020855.jpg

S4020868.jpg

Then Intrax lowering springs for a Ford Probe GT Turbo and wheels.

Before:

isrshoot10.jpg

After:

dscf2281copyci0.jpg

Turbo siezed up amd the TO4E went in with an OBX manifold and Tial 38mm wastegate.

sizecomparo2.jpg

itsin.jpg

That turbo took a dump and now the only Projekt UFO manifold ever made is in with the new turbo

itin3.jpg

Decided the old FMIC had to go for this one.

onthecar.jpg

New injectors, fuel pump is already in the car..

injectors.jpg

Racing seats installed somewhere along the way.

GetAttachment.jpg

Finally got around to purchasing an AEM wideband, and somehow forgot to take pics of that.

I know there is a whole lot more I am forgetting, but the motor is still together, with zero problems, partly because I drive like an old person until I go AutoX.

Stock bottom end is holding strong at 14psi. And this is how she sits today.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_9905.jpg

I hope that is a good update, I think it is. Any modifications that I missed are easily referenced in my signature.

Last edited:
It's been a hell of a long time, some of you know in the What did you do to your MSP today thread that I blew it up.

thehole.jpg

Full forged build is on it's way, parts will be ordered after Christmas, and she should be back on the road in a few months. I'm going all out to make sure the car breaks in two before the motor goes again.

Things almost took a turn for the worse today. I was trying to drain the gas tank because I didn't want the fuel to go stale, and one of the wires on the fuel pump shorted and sparked, sending the back seat into flames. Thank God I had a fire extinguisher no more than 5 feet away on the shelf when it went up. Got the fire put out with zero damage to the car.

Here she is.

552484_460313203992983_253026240_n.jpg

My life has righted itself, and I'm bloody determined to get something together this year for her. She won't be done before 01-01-2013, but she will have something worth a damn sitting next to her.

Lost my job 2 weeks after I put a down payment on the MS3, dealer kept the contract open against Chase Bank's wishes. I ended up giving the car back to maintain my credit rating.

Back