ok guys i dont know

Cirielle said:
Hey T3ase....the thing about braking where they said this is characteristic of the car sounds like bull. Are you sure your rotors aren't warped???

Mine might be warped. It usually pulses under light braking and just today it started grinding at low speeds. I have 12,000 miles.

Kenetix said:
You guys have to understand. Tease has more problems with his MSP than the country of Korea has with starvation.

Would that be North or South Korea? Because South Korea doesn't really have a starvation problem, while North Korea does. Of course, North Korea is being run into the ground by Kim Jong Il, it's commie leader. Kind of like how t3ase is running his car into the ground.

All I have to say is ive had my SPEED since March 23 and i have 4600 miles on it....T3ASE---17,000?? How in the hell have you had that much time during your 4 months of ownership to drive that much?!?!?

Holy s***!

BremertonMSP said:
Would that be North or South Korea? Because South Korea doesn't really have a starvation problem, while North Korea does. Of course, North Korea is being run into the ground by Kim Jong Il, it's commie leader. Kind of like how t3ase is running his car into the ground.

LOL!
I have had my car since late Feb and have over 16,000 miles on it.
Most of it has been at 10-12 PSI and it runs like a dream. I have had zero problems other than the occasional vrroom vrrom pulse at WOT in certain gears and it is a very rare occurrence.
The only thing I want Mazda to do is get that damn flash out to correct it.
All in all it is a great looking, reliable, fun to drive car.
I do not abuse my car. I do floor it a lot more now but I don't like to beat on it off the line. I know it will destroy the car it
was never designed to be a launch king. Those damn motor mounts dance way too much and you have to slip the clutch to get a good smooth launch. It is more about handling, balance, and poise.
With that said I will get this car into the upper 13's one day and I will do it in a safe manner. I will probably wait until it is out of warranty and I have backup transportation. That way I can take my time and ease the car up to the point I want it.
The MSP is a fine little road car that is fairly affordable and mine has been damn near perfect.
Heck when I drive my usual 100 mile round trip workday and drive for mileage I shift 1st,3rd,5th get 36 MPG!

Last edited:
I'd say get the car if you like it. I thought of trading mine in because of the hesitation, but I couldn't come up with anything (for same $) that I liked nearly as well. Even with the few problems we have, it is in my opinion the best car on the market right now.

Not to mention, there is always something about a limited edition that makes it that much better.

Ryan said:
but he doens't realize he's causing most of the problems himself, and the other bullshits and rattles are not problems every car has them.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

You have to realize the majority of the problem on that list occured before my 10k mile mark. How about realizing I don't trash my car and show me a bit more respect than that.

I'm glad you guys fully understood my situation before making assumptions. Maybe some of the newer members here should take the time to read the threads from a while back before openning their ****** up mouths and commenting on others.

Jesus Christ. Now I know why most P5 owners hate MSP guys.

Take your ******* heads out of your asses and wake the **** up. I can't wait to tear into this one...

Mods: Sorry but you may want to move this to flamewars.. It's about to get a bit ugly. :D

BremertonMSP said:
...I have a slight pull to the left when braking, but no grinding. I think it is just a characteristic of the pads themselves.
Thanks, that's exactly what the dealership said. It's no longer a big deal and rarely happens but it was a concern at the time I wrote the list.

BremertonMSP said:
No flame t3ase, but it sounds like most of your mechanical problems are self-inflicted. I'd bet you drive your car like it was a racecar most of the time.
Wrong. I've actually raced this car probably around 10 times in the 17,00 miles I've had it. While I do not make it a habit to shift at 3-4k every time, every day, I do take care of my car considering this is my first new car ever.

BremertonMSP said:
Problem is, these are not race-prepped cars. They are just regular Protege's with a turbo and a better suspension setup.
I was not aware of that, thanks.

BremertonMSP said:
I can't see how the water spots would be Mazda's fault, why did you even list them in your gripes?
Water spots and hard water that has actually etched itself into the glass are two different stories. I have not let my car ever stay wet long enough to allow any type of rain from causing as much damage as there is on this car. This possibly could have happened at the dealership, however, I've had four other members from this board message me about this same issue. I've also taken the car to SafeLite, a local glass repair shop and they told me that the water would have to be either highly acidic or remain on the car for a very extended amount of time for that to happen. Can anyone say "port"? Anytime I see a new Protege with temp tags in a parking lot, I go look at it. A few have the same spots if you look really close, as it's harder to see when the glass is dry.

BremertonMSP said:
While your body/trim gripes are valid, all the miles you've racked up and you don't expect to get chips in the paint? Why?
I had a 90 Honda Accord I bought from a member of the local autocross group with 220k miles on it when I picked it up. It had not been repainted when I first saw it and it didn't have nearly as many chips on it. If you think autocrossing is easy on paint, ask SpicyMSP and she'll enlighten you. The Mazda paint sucks ass, period. I thought we all had agreed on that.

BremertonMSP said:
17k miles in four months
4k of those were put on during my trip to Denver. The rest were put on while driving back/forth to my girlfriend's house who was around 30-45 minute away from my house each way.

BremertonMSP said:
...and you admit you've "torn into it" a few times (I'd bet more then a few) ;)
;) No. Don't make assumptions on things you know nothing about. Thanks.

BremertonMSP said:
and it's your fist manual transmission car? Now I can see why things are breaking.
Hmmmm... I don't quite see how that is related to most of the problems I've had. But thanks again!

BremertonMSP said:
And why your clutch pedel is bent!
Actually two of the techs at the new dealership I go to had no idea why the clutch pedal was bent. One even constantly works with Flyin' Miata and installs their turbos on MANY cars. He even had a scrap book of sorts with pictures. Amazing how a ignorant guy posting on a random web forum seems to understand one of the problems when a tech who tunes, installs, and has even placed in autocross events can't figure it out.

Next...

Stormtrooper77 said:
t3ase. It could have been that you got a lemon. But in all honesty, I think that your "gripes" have been cause from the fact that you've amassed 17k miles in 4 months. That's a lot of driving dude. If you think about it, your car is about the same as a car that has been driven normally for about a year.

But anyhow, some of the things are things that I don't want to know about when considering buying this car. It really puts a damper on my hopes. Who know about next year though.

Just my 2 cents.
That's a very valid point. A few of us here have actually joked around saying I need to be a test driver for Mazda so I can put cars through real world driving without much delay. :D

The only reason I (RE)posted this list was to inform the guy. Not to b****. Not to moan. Not to get pity.

(Stormtrooper77, this is not directed at you by any means: )
Notice the capitalized "RE" there. This list was posted many months ago without the updates in parenthesis. Shows how many of you actually go back and read the old threads. No wonder people complain about reposts in this secion. It's because all of you arrogant punks don't care to "waste your time" by going back and reading.

t3ase said:
I'm glad you guys fully understood my situation before making assumptions. Maybe some of the newer members here should take the time to read the threads from a while back before openning their ****** up mouths and commenting on others.

Dude your asking for alot there (rofl)

t3ase said:
Jesus Christ. Now I know why most P5 owners hate MSP guys.
Ahem!!! MP3 and P5 owner, again....(rofl)

[/B]
Mods: Sorry but you may want to move this to flamewars.. It's about to get a bit ugly. :D [/B]

I got your back, CHARGE!!

t3ase said:
Ryan's next. Just give me a few minutes to write it up.

Damn I am very disappointed, not nearly enough flaming!
Well, I guess I have to wait and see round 2.

Ryan.. I respect your opinions and the way you presented them in this post. Thank you. I do have to dissect it though since it was a direct shot at me.. :D

Ryan said:
tease man.
[insert church choir dance]
Brotha Ryan, AMEN and bless your soul! Hallowth be thy name or whatever. (It's 3, not E by the way. It's there for a reason.)

Ryan said:
i just think ur to ******* hard on ur car... It's not a tank yanno ;)
FSCK!# Yanno with my not-so-common-at-all bitching about the thin ass Mazda paint and all, I was just thinking about getting some "Spicy Camoflage Mica" and redoing the paint at a body shop. Thanks for ruining my dreams. :(

Ryan said:
ive never had half the problems u have
I was not stating that he WOULD have those problems. 1st MP3 had mentioned that there were 2 owners he knew about with a long list of problems and I am, admittedly, one of them. I thought I'd share my experiences just to warn the guy. This is what a forum's about, isn't it?

Ryan said:
and btw the resivior thing is a happening on all protege's just about, some have it some don't, but i have friends with p5's that do it, and when it dries its not white its green if its white thats just water spots from rain ;)
Actually, it's more of a whitish color with a tint of green. I apologize for my lack of details which did not create the perfect picturesque of this problem. I'll blame my Kindergarten teacher on that one for not letting me have the Crayon box with 96 colors and only sticking me with the 24. I knew from day one that b**** had it out for me.

Ryan said:
The reason everyone's sub is going out is becuz there blairin the sterio at 27-28 and its causing the voice coil to disconnect, if you go in the trunk pop off the screen and push up on the sub it starts to work.
No smartass reply here, just a bit of warning for the others. My dealership stated that they almost contacted Mazda USA to talk about voiding my sound system warranty because I had taken the grill off to do just this.
<font style="text-decoration: blink; color: red;">I AM NOT STATING EVERY CAR/DEALERSHIP IS LIKE THIS; THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE.</font>

Ryan said:
I agree this shouldn't be happenign but come on think about its... its a 8" sub lol.. its not gonna hold up like a 10 - 12.
Do you expect every car buyer to understand car audio enough to know this? I sure as hell did not when I bought the car. If you did, more power to you. However, do not talk in a condescending way to others because they do not have that knowledge. Maybe Mazda should include free car audio training with every purchase so that they will become a master sound samurai like yourself.

Ryan said:
55 dolars max for a good boostguage not 100, maybe 100 with the pillar lol.
Sure, by a cheap ass Autometer gauge just like everyone else out there. I think I'll take my Blitz over that anyday, despite it's $130 price tag. Maybe someone as cheap as yourself shouldn't be modding their car? Oh my bad, that's an assumption. So sorry.

Ryan said:
somethign else wrong with ur car cuz my hood never gets so hot u cant touch it, it does however on the fenders sometimes but not the hood.
You sure I'm not just being too picky about that? It's a known problem that these cars suffer from heat soak and I'm NOT the first one mentioning that their hood gets hot even at idle. Maybe something's wrong with their cars, too. Or they just drive their cars and trash the **** out of them, as it's APPARENT I do.

Ryan said:
and your pretty dayum picky considering ur rough on ur car... i mean geeuz.. a squeak out of the armrest? give me a break only time ur gonna hear its when you open it. LOL.. cars have bumps and rattles all of them do, and you can expect more with how your talking about running you car, stuff jars loose
Actually, your assumption is making you look bad again. First of all, though, I'm pretty "dayum" picky because this is my first new car. 17k miles or not, not even the previously mentioned 220k honda squeaked as much. About the assumption, the armrest actually squeaks while it's closed. Not opened. It's where the latch of the armrest gets hooked. Sure, simple grease could help it.. But should I be having to grease my car just to keep it from squeaking? Not in my opinion.

Ryan said:
I dont mean to pick on you but geezus, u could go out and buy a ferrari and if your picky enuf ur gonna find every lil bitty thing that goes wrong with the car.
Yes, yes, I am. That's part of the joy of buying a NEW car is not having to ******* repair it every two weeks. Or maybe I've missed something somewhere...

Ryan said:
You seem like that type of guy thats riding down the road, hears a noise and has to stop pull over and check it out, when more than likely it wasn't even your car that made the noise ;)..
You're right. I do do that. It's called being a responsible owner. If you want to start sharing opinions, you look like the type of lame ass **** who "rolls" with their ******* seat all of the way back into the back with your yellow Michigan State hat bent to ******* hell and cocked off to the side. All of this with one hand hanging limply over the front of the steering wheel while your right arm holds your gay ass up as you lean into the middle of the ******* car while smokin a spliff wif jer dawgs. Dude, shut the **** up.

Ryan said:
live the car up drive it till the wheels fall off and forget all the small bulls*** and squeaks, turn ur dayum sterio up and you wont hear it.
That's called avoidance which is not going to happen with me and a new car. To me, a good driver will learn how to feel his car and not through 2 12" JL's bumpin Nelly's latest Country Grammarz remix. Listen, watch, analyze. That's how I am and that's how much tuners will be, too.

Ryan said:
sorry to like go off on ya but you been bitching from day one, u've had ur car less time that me and u have over 17 thousand miles on it, and ur like a nervious wreck everytime u hop on the forum..
Actually, again, if you GO BACK INTO THE ARCHIVES AND READ, you'd find this to be completely untrue. 17,000 miles or 200 miles. I do not think most people would expect a list like that from a off-the-new-car-lot bought car. At least I haven't found anyone until now. Maybe we should trade cars and you can have this one. Then I get a good clean car since you don't tear into your apparently and you get a squeaky car that from what your saying, you can deal with.

Ryan said:
ur gonna have a heart attack man.. RELAX... if the car is giving u that much hell take it back and tell them u cant take the s*** no more.. and get something different. but hell 17 thousand and u've had ur car less than me u must be driving the hell out of it.. so get its use and then trade in for something else.
That's not the point of my post. I think you mistook my intentions if that's what it comes across as. Anyway, you shouldn't have to even THINK of trading in a car at 17k miles, period.

Thank you. I'll get to your other posts after I go piss.

Ryan said:
your right dude, and with how he admits to driving as hard as he does.
How I admit to driving? WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I've NEVER taken this car to an autocross.. NEVER taken this car to the drag. NEVER done any *REAL* street racing. The racing I have done was shut down before either of us put our foor too far into the car. Quit making s*** up to try and prove your ****** up points.

Ryan said:
and the fact that its his first stick car has alot to do with it, i know i my first stick car i gave it hell for about 4 months and kaput.. its trashed
So because your lame ass has no driving skill, you ASSUME the rest of us don't either? Ever think it may have taken me less time to learn a stick and maybe I spent more time learning how the car reacted on minorly different surfaces? Maybe learned the handling a bit more? Used a bit more of my time to talk to various tuners about fine tuning what's already in the car instead of being a ******* name ***** and buying whatever the **** comes out just so I can be cool? Again, you're denied; shut the **** up.

Ryan said:
[B1. becuz i couldn't drive worth a dayum 2. so many miles in a short period of time.[/B]
Hrm...I'll leave this one alone as I think many of us can draw our own conclusions here.

Ryan said:
seriously tease did you even go through the proper breakin?
BREK N PERIOUHD??? ?? ? ? PLZ HLP! !!!!! W...T..F.... IZ BRAKIN PERIOD?!??? KPLZTHX.
(That one went out to you, Dexter.)

Ryan said:
btw there will not be a next years mazdaspeed protege, supposidly the word on the street is it'll be either a rotory miata or turbocharged miata, but its definatelly gonna be a msmx5.
WTF are you talking about? OH YEAH, you're pulling irrellevant s*** out of your ass to make it sound like you know what the **** you're talking about. I'm sorry.

Kenetix said:
You guys have to understand. Tease has more problems with his MSP than the country of Korea has with starvation.
positive14.jpg

Why don't yall give it a rest. Blah blah blah blah. Thats all I'm really seeing here. I think everyone can appreciate a good flame war every so often, but we are getting like 3 or 4 a day, and thats just what I read, and I don't read every topic.

II-Savy said:
RSJ - Welcome to the board.

To try and gain back some of the dignity our car took when T3ase said his peice. I LOVE my car and it kicks ass. For the money and what you get with the car there is no other car that comes close. No other company offers so much for the price. Every time I think of another possible better choice, I always come up with yea but this car has a RADIO that KICKS ASS and sounds great.

t3ase said:
...I think that's it for now.. I'll definately have to find my list I got back from the dealership. It has a few more things on it but I cannot remember it all. :D

Take these things with a grain of salt. This may just be the oddball of the bunch, as not too many other people have had these issues other than the hesitation, clunk, and alarm brain.

Good luck and be sure to check out the SRT-4....
Apparently you were with the others who didn't finish reading my post. While you had nothing negative to say, I do wish you people would take the time to actually read EVERYTHING someone types, as it meant enough for them to write it. It's called respect. I REALLY realize why MP3/P5 owners despise MSP owners.

Back