OBX manifold t3/t4

Oh, finally figure out the situation that i was having. The t3 flange had a bad gasket... and waste gate had a bad gasket. Fixed those and car is pretty solid but needs a serious a tune now. J/w on idle where does most of your AFR read? Mines pretty lean on idle after warm up.. 15-16 and WOT is extremely rich.. 10.0. Thanks for all the replys again MSP

Last edited:
at idle, mine reads anywhere from 14.6- 16.0...16 is pretty lean, it normally stays in the 14's or 15's
and WOT should be rich if u have the stock ECU, since thats pretty much all it does, is dump fuel when u hit boost

once u get a tune, it should pick up alot of power in boost

Mines the same way, gt3071R on a msp ecu, it stay rich as s*** at WOT which is better than lean, but I do want that beautiful balance, anyone no anything about AEM Fuel ignition piggybacks? I got one and wanted to see if there were any libraries on here like the Split-seconds.

not really any libraries, but there are some good information threads out there and some wiring diagrams.

and the MSP sometimes runs a little lean in idle. no one seems to know why, but theres a good half dozen people with the same issue. as long as it goes away when you start moving.

I'm think im having a boost leak but not totally sure. Before i have the problem where boost creeping very slow and found out it was the gaskets, got it fixed. Here is the problem im having.. bare with me lol.

EXP: WOT 1st would see 10psi then drop to 6-7 at 5.5k-6.5k(shift to 2nd gear and you can feel the lag with boost slowly creeping from 1-6 or 7psi)

The other problem im having is with a WOT and let off to idle.. the car will shut off.

My bov is on the IM and MAF is on the cold pipe(turbo intake)

BTW I do have a restriction from my 2.5 downpipe to 2.25 catback.

Thanks MSP

you need to relocate the MAF, in order to run a BOV and not stall, the MAF needs to be behind the BOV
otherwise, the BOV is shooting out metered air, which makes the car run rich, and stall

(iagree)

Had the same issue when I put in my turboxs rfl and didnt do any research....

relocated the maf and now im good to go

Are you saying that having the BOV on the hot pipe and MAF on cold pipe isn't going to work? Because thats my setup...

That will work as long as the BOV is not venting air that has already been registered by the MAF you are good.

define cold pipe, in your earlier post, you say "cold pipe (turbo intake)"
thats not the cold pipe, the cold pipes are the pipes on the throttle body side of the intercooler, so if you have the MAF on the cold side and the BOV on the hot side
then yes it will work
but if you have it on the intake, then no it wont work

Stole this pic off a member on a mazda forum. Im running my setup like him but car still acts the same.. any clue? Thanks

100_2350.jpg

Well that pic doesnt help much due to its NOT being your car. There could be something SLIGHTLY different that we would pick up on.

lol dude, thats wrong...im trying to tell you
the ill post a pic of my setup, and then you shouldnt be confused

Photo0411.jpg

notice the location of the MAF, my intake is just a filter directly on the turbo (off for cleaning in this pic)

Same setup i'm running like pics below, i understand that you run the maf after the bov. I just thought that this setup has worked for a few.. Weather has cleared up so ill have pics tommorrow. Thanks

25jan8.jpg

Last edited:
Same setup i'm running like pics below, i understand that you run the maf after the bov. I just thought that this setup has worked for a few.. Weather has cleared up so ill have pics tommorrow. Thanks

25jan8.jpg

This set up DOES work. BUT you have to run both the stock BPV and the BOV together!!!! You either have to use both or relocate the MAF.

Oh makes sense now. How do I run the BPV with BOV, thats def my problem when you mention the bpv. Thanks man

its as simple as just putting the BOV onto the cold pipe and then hooking back up the BPV like it is suppose to be stock.

thats the stupidest way to run a BOV setup. either relocate your MAF or get a recirculation fitting for your HKS. the 50/50 setup doesnt fix the issue, it just pretends to.

Well the car wont stall any more if you run a dual set up so that fixes the issue. But I agree with you I would re locate the MAF. People say the car runs ALOT better than way anyways.

Back