Nology Kit Available

They should donate one to the forums for a raffle, so that way a forum member can test them out.

Linux--Why don't you get some and tell us how they work for us turboed guys? You have the motor that can handle some abuse.:D

Dont worry, ill be getting a set soon to try out.

Now, if the forum wants to donate some $$, ill gladly do a before/after dyno run.

Pe@ce

Bijou-MP5 said:
I asked him to get AV status first...

Doh! Good thinking Bijou. I ass-u-med he had AV status. Bad move on my part linking that without checking. Hopefully, he does have it or will he will get it. Thanks for pointing that out. (thumb)

hawaiiannights said:
how are they different from the sparkco ones?

wires.jpg

I've had these sparkco wires and they are ok.. I didn't dyno my car when I had the sparkco ones.. but when I got the Nology wires it had much more of
a boost then the sparkco ones. And when removing them.. they don't fall
apart like the sparkco's did on me. But this is all from the only dyno test I've
done. My butt dyno.. And i've notice you get a little more torque. But again
all this is from my experience. Everyone might experience differently.

Hope that helps.

Richie

Oh and there is a bigger picture in my imagestation album.

these capacitor built wires are perfect for hi boost applications when there is very dense air in the cylinder, making it hard for the air/fuel to light. These capacitor wires fight that, keeping you from misfiring.

to fast to matter

twilightprotege said:
i'm sure they deliver more spark than from the stock leads, but when you're sending a spark 1' further than before...doesnt seam logical.

i really doubt this mod is worth it. you will never get any more initial spark without a new coil pack

The electricity is traveling at the speed of light so one more foot won't matter. The spark doesn't happen until the electricity crosses the air gap at the plug. But the improvement in performance isn't likely to be humanly perceptible without other mods such as getting more fuel into the cylinder. Or denser air. I'm sure the burn is better for the air/fuel mix with the stronger spark. I think the benefits of performance wires come in with the higher heat resistance so less loss of electrical seepage as the wires age. And it's a nice engine dress up item. That said, I plan on getting the 8.5mm Mag's as soon as it warms up.

i was referring to the fact that the further electricity has to travel through wires, the more it looses due to resistance

twilightprotege said:
i was referring to the fact that the further electricity has to travel through wires, the more it looses due to resistance

true DC volts can't travel as far as AC, because it will lose its power over long distances, but minimal change over say, 20 ft.

I know there is a current, cheaper, group buy on these (145 without shipping?). But if people want them after the buy closes, we sell them for $200 shipped.

Captain KRM P5 said:
I know there is a current, cheaper, group buy on these (145 without shipping?). But if people want them after the buy closes, we sell them for $200 shipped.

apparently most dealers sell them for about 154 or so, (sorry Captain) =p so I'm not worried about getting in on the group buy now, but I WILL get these wires, just need to spend money on turbo gauges and what not, right now

you guys dont know very much about electricity do you?

"electricity" doesn't travel at the speed of light, it actually travels very slowly. however electrons are already preasent in the copper wire, and are pushed instantly by the new electrons introduced to the circuit from the coil.

furthermore Voltage is not electron flow, current measured in Amperage is electron flow. also, distance doesn't really affect how fast the electrons flow, it only effects how many electrons reach the desired location, because they tend to radiate a bit in the form of heat energy.

also, dont forget that the Nology wires have a capacitor in them, which stores extra electrons that the copper cannot support on its own, then when its time to fire the sparkplug, it releases them for extra spark.

that being said, the Nology wires are a great design and idea, just like some have stated.

*edit* sounded kinda preachy... sorry, not trying to put anyone down. just trying to help understanding

Back