Nology Kit Available

all these prices im seeing is that just for the HOTWIRES, or would that include the new coils and bracket also. im not spending $200 on just wires.

that's really all your getting for that price - they are just relocating the original coils on a bracket...that's why i said i'd much prefer to see someone make replacement coils

get the wire coil pack from the 98 to 00 protege 1.8liter protege. According to Tripoint they put out a little more spark then our 02 to 03.5 coil. If I find a pic I will show you.

LinuxRacr said:
Guys, for a group buy, make another thread in the appropriate section (if you haven't already).

My bad Linux. I'll check and see if one has been made and if not I'll start a new one.

Black-Knights said:
Hey guys I found this link for some protege owners...new coil pack like some people wanted....I know it wont fit our cars, well MAYBE with possible modification (correct me if I am wrong) here is the link : http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...Id=6594&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&PID=1068315

That won't work, 1st gens used a distributor with a single coil pack. As stated before we can go to the 3rd gen 1.8 set up that gets the coils off the head, but the plug wires for the 1.8 don't exactly fit our valve cover. That can be fixed with a 626 vc. By the time you do all of that, you've spent around $400, I think, for very minimal gains. I don't think anybody has tried it, but the MSD DIS-2 with 4 of the MSD coil packs looks like it may be possible, but that's still some big bucks, and it only gives the ability to retard the timing, good for turbo/nitrous, pretty much useless for NA. For my NA needs, I'll take the chance that the Nology wires do give a little extra spark, and then use a stand-alone for timing management. BTW, Planet Performance shows them at `$187 w/free shipping, but not in stock (shipping in 1-2 weeks).

Last edited:
I found someone has one
nology1.jpg

where did he get them from? and how much?
I really want to buy these, i just want to go with the best price

someone buy them and dyno them... that would be enough to sell me. Interesting..

I'll buy them but I know I'm gonna have problems having them clear the turbo manifold.

hukster00 said:
they dont have 011_364_221 wich is for our car :confused:

Yeah, I posted on an earlier page of this thread that they don't have the kit listed. However, this is a very new kit that Nology has recently developed. I called them and they said they can get any kit that Nology produces so long as I can provide them with the part number. I should be ordering mine next week as soon as pay day rolls around. I'll let you know if the $158 price they quoted me stays the same.

Back