Mini-shooting: 4 disks/5 lugs conversion, racing and JDM stuff

Greensleeper

:
2 GX 2011
This is just a quick non-planified photoshoot of my 03 Proteg LX. All the work is mostly done for this year. I will post more pics of the conversion and engine bay later along with more professional pictures...
2006:
ENGINE:
- AWR oil pan (baffled and bigger) wiht new OEM studs (i'm crazy)
- AWR radiator (aluminium)
- Stant high pressure radiator cap (necessery for the AWR radiator)
- AWR header modified to clear the oil pan (sensor bung moved)
- New Injen air filter
SUSPENSION:
- AWR tubular rear trailing arms with Delrin and polyurethane bushings
BRAKES:
- 2003 Proteg5 front spindles (sandblasted, zinc plated then painted with several coats of semi-gloss paint)
- 2002 Proteg5 rear sprindles (sandblasted, zinc plated then painted with several coats of semi-gloss paint)
- 2002 Proteg5 rear subframe (sanded then painted with several coats of semi-gloss paint)
- Rebuilded OEM rear calipers
- New OEM wheel bearings
- New OEM wheel studs
- New OEM parking brake cables
- New OEM brake hoses
- New OEM bolts, nuts, clips, pins and every little bits needed in this conversion
- Motul RBF600 brake fluid
- Hawk HPS pads
- Rotora slotted disks
WHEELS AND TIRES:
- Custom 5X114.3 Rota Subzero in 15X6.5 ET40 with custom 5-lugs Proteg hubcentric center (no need for hub rings); custom semi-gloss black paint
- Falken AZENIS RT-615 205/50WR15
- Skunk2 forged lug nuts
OTHER:
- Refreshed and newly painted front bumper with new OEM lower grill
- AutoExe (real one) front grill
- AutoExe air dam painted to match the wheels (color-matched spray can, that why you see marks... didn't want to spend much on this thing that hang 1 inch from the ground)
471829_126_full.jpg

471829_127_full.jpg

471829_132_full.jpg

471829_131_full.jpg

471829_128_full.jpg

471829_129_full.jpg

471829_130_full.jpg

Enjoy! (I hope ;))

car looks terrific, although ive never been quite a fan of tose types of front lips.

That much front end/air dam neeeeeeeds side skirts. Needs them. Otherwise, nice work!

I like that look! Cut out the fog light cups and attach either an intake duct or 2 brake ducts from it

hope all that paint on the spindles last from the salt... powdercoating is probably better!

i love your car man..... the simple jdm style is suttle but the car stands out perfectly. I say paint the top half of the lip green to match the car and the lower half black to match the wheels. but then again dont listen to me because the car is flawless so far(first)

sandspeed said:
i love your car man..... the simple jdm style is suttle but the car stands out perfectly. I say paint the top half of the lip green to match the car and the lower half black to match the wheels. but then again dont listen to me because the car is flawless so far(first)

agreed 100%

damn ... im loving this car. so beautiful,yet so simple. its beggin for turbo !!! exterior doesnt need one more thing. id say boost and and just build up from there

I would agree, nice set up looks great...I would also paint half of the front spoiler green...also what exhaust system you have, didnt see any specs on it.

Vic

TheMAN said:
hope all that paint on the spindles last from the salt... powdercoating is probably better!

She didn't see winter!

PIRANA: Look at my sig: Corksport header-back. It's a honor to have great advice from the owner of the nicest MSP outhere.

MIA PROTEGE: Next logical step. A full Hi-Boost kit (standard one) with their Pauter/special OEM pistons combo would be great for boosting 15psi daily. I need $$$$$$!!!!!

---> As said on the first post the lip isn't gonna be painted green. I have to paint at least 2 times a month because this thing is so low! As for the skirts, maybe next year in carbon fiber to not add weight... Performance-wise they are not making any difference, so I dont want to gain weight with those.

THANX TO ALL!!!!!

good i can get some sleep knowing that bad boy is gonna be boosting....

love how your representin' the 2nd gens...(it is 2nd gen right..(ugh) )

crispixoo7 said:
good i can get some sleep knowing that bad boy is gonna be boosting....

love how your representin' the 2nd gens...(it is 2nd gen right..(ugh) )

nope it's a third gen.

Looks awesome man, I love that green color. I say get the top half of the lip painted to match and then put one of those 3m clear bra things (would have to be custom fit) or maybe rockblocker makes one that fits the lip?

Oh and about the CF sideskirts.. are they full sideskirts or just CF covers like most of the DG motorsports stuff? I don't think CF would be that much lighter than plastic anyway.

Back