Mazdaspeed Protege Projector Headlights

I have the morimoto mini H1s and there is no way they fit in the stock housing. they sit about an inch or 2 too far forward...?

Pics of what you're talking about? I've never run into this problem yet with Protege headlights.

Place the rubber washer on the back side of the projector, insert through the hole in the reflector, place the rear mounting plate on, and then tight nut.

The outer lens clears with plenty of space.

9c7a7376.jpg

Yup I am a complete idiot! ha i did it the way it is explained in the p5 how to and cut the back of the reflector. got the first one done and instantly knew i was way off. it looked good but when i got it on the car there was a huge black spot in front of my car because the projector was too far back. just bought new reflectors at a local junk yard for $10 so redoing them as i type. pics when completed.

the How-To is for doing OEM projectors requiring cutting the reflector bucket, but the Morimito projectors are a "plug and play" style, meaning you just remove the shield that coverd the halogen bulb, slip the projector in, and tighten it down. Done

Sorry to hear you had to scrap a set though lol

Glad to hear you've got it figured though

but just food for thought, if they're the newer version of the Morimotos, they DO have a foreground limiter which will still provide the black spot right infront of the car. The less foreground light you have the better your distance visibility is.

OFF TOPIC. anyone knows if p5 front grill is the same as non msp sedan front grill?

i had a laser blue MSP grill on my p5 and when the hood closed, it was phsyically touching, so it didn't quite work

not yet, but i'm considering it

I found someone who makes a lens for a 7" light but i havn't heard back from them if they're willing to sell it

IMAG0231.jpg

I might be trying to form my own lens eventually but havn't started

Next set using e55r shrouds, ccfl angel eyes, and Audi-style side emitting LED's.

Next set I'm going to suggest two sets of LEDs to cover the length of the headlight

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

yeah, that led strip just doesn't look quite right. oh well, not my headlights...

not my style either, they don't look bad, it just doesn't flow to my tastes. But what they ask for they get and he is very happy with the in process pics

i'd be more curious to see it on the curved edges on either side of the projector and inside the ring around the turn signal

looks a tad bit tacky... but well executed, nonetheless.

would be curious to see it go the full length of the headlight up top

I like it its different. running the whole strip on the top of headlight i think might look good

with the way the LED strips are, it'd require 2 strips to cover the length of each light but it'd flow quite well

Having both lights lit makes it look quite a bit better than one light only

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

Latest posts

Back