Mazdaspeed Protege Exhaust mod ideas?

I have a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege and it has the factory exhaust which is pretty quiet, I was wondering what I could do to it to make it louder and perform better. Thought abt hollowing cats, or deleteing mufflers etc. Idk thanks.

My msp has a muffler delete that the prior owner did, i think it still has the stock mid resonator and cats, actually doesn't sound half bad but its a bit too loud for my taste and kinda droney on the freeway. Racing Beat still makes a full cat-back exhaust but I think it needs a little bit of modifying for the msp, HKS still makes exhausts, there's probably more options but I think most have been discontinued. U might get lucky on ebay for example there's a https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) up right now

My msp has a muffler delete that the prior owner did, i think it still has the stock mid resonator and cats, actually doesn't sound half bad but its a bit too loud for my taste and kinda droney on the freeway. Racing Beat still makes a full cat-back exhaust but I think it needs a little bit of modifying for the msp, HKS still makes exhausts, there's probably more options but I think most have been discontinued. U might get lucky on ebay for example there's a https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) up right now
Yeah, I thought abt just taking out that mid section that looks like a glass pack (probably the resonator) and just leaveing everything else the way it is. Dont want it to be stupid loud, but also want good tone w/o robbing hp.

Yeah, I thought abt just taking out that mid section (Resonator) but want good tone w/o robbing hp.
You won't get a good tone, and you will lose some power if you remove the resonator.

If you have a second cat, delete that.

If you really want to change your exhaust note, try replacing the factory resonator with a stainless steel high flow, such as what vibrant or MBRP offers. and/or you can replace the muffler with a high-flow.

just don't be removing mufflers and resonators all together, not at all worth it.

Back