Mazdaspeed Protege at SEMA! Shocker!

There are more SEMA stuff at:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/021106-sema.htm

But you gotta love this

nismo_350z_ss.jpg

nismo_350z_ls.jpg

By the way, those 350Z pics are wicked! I have been wanting to know what it would look like with a spoiler. It looks even better. I wonder why they didn't put one on there originally?

ok, take the mp3, take out the fogs....which I've done, so I know what it looks like, and that bumper doesn't look much different with the exception of the autoexe type styling to the bottom. It's like they realized that black strip thing on the mp3's front bumper wasn't really doing anything for looks, so they changed the bottom of it. I can't see the rear spoiler enough to really make an opinion, but I think with fogs in the front, it will look VERY similar to the MSP and MP3, but just have the black strip thing gone.

Could Someone good with photoshop put some lights in that thing ? :)

Maybe they just didn't have time to put the fogs in for the show? Ok, maybe not.

Here is a small comparison I made. I think this bumper looks pretty similar once I look at them together. just has a new lip and no foglights for unexplained reason. I think I like the wing in the background. It could grow on me.

Attachments

• comparison.gif
    comparison.gif
    140.7 KB · Views: 312
i dont really like the new front bumper, it seems to just round around the car, not dip in at the fog lights and then have the center poke out alittle farther like on the mp3/mp5. oh well just more protege brothers i guess.

it's basically the same front end with two little bumps underneath it to make it look like the autoexe. The fogs not being there are just throwing you guys off. The bottom is a little different where the two spokes or pillars alongside the grill meet the bottom of the bumper, but really, it's not that different.

Someone pshop this thing....I don't have a pic good enough to do it with.

Last edited:
Its a prime example Ben, Sorry to hear about your car. I hope you can work it out. If not, good luck with Miata.;)

ok mazda is really starting to get on my nerves they have a good idea with the mazdaspeed LEAVE IT ALONE!!! that front end looks bad... fog lights or not "yea lets give it a bigger exhaust tip" and a ricy double stacked wing for extra rear down force on that touchy fwd set up" hmmmmmmm those are some bad ideas I hope that this 03.5 msp stayes a concepet and never makes it to production.

The 2003.5 is not a concept. It was introduced at SEMA. Why? Because Mazda limited the numbers for the 2003, and this way they can sell more. No kidding, that's what they told us.

I'll have some photos of the .5 up tomorrow (hopefully), along with a bunch of pictures of a far cooler P5 - carbon flip front, anyone?

Keith

is the yellow the same as the yellow MP3 ?, has anyone looked at the colour code. I am in canada and have never seen a yellow mp3....I considered importing a yellow mp3 but was too much money

It's not the same as the normal Protege yellow. I don't know about any MP3s.

Keith

promp3 said:
ok so that makes 5,000 msp's by the end of 03? does it really still count as limited production?

well they changed how they look, so i would say so. 2003 is limited and 2003.5 is limited. they are both limited editions in thier own right.

promp3 said:
ok so that makes 5,000 msp's by the end of 03? does it really still count as limited production?
2000 2003s plus 2500 2003.5s doesn't equal 5000.

As far as being limited (and, presumably, desirable) remember, these will also be the last of the Proteges. From 2004 on, they will be the Mazda3 and share the platform with the Focus and small Volvo.

The colors are for the 2003.5 MSP are Titanium Gray Metallic and Blazing Yellow Mica, just like the 2002 Miata SE:

I hope they never use Spicy Orange Meca on any of their other 'limited production' vechicle. But i bet that they will do so, perhaps on the MS Mazda 6 or Rx-8?.
We'll see...

did anyone stop and think that the fog lights were deleted to make ducting for cooling the intercooler piping or even the intercoolers themselves? is the mazdaspeed protege even intercooled? i would think so..

either way, a big bad FMIC would look really good stuffed behind that grilled.. kinda like this:

frontmount-1.jpg

- eddie -

Back