Kill your Turkey V.2

http://www.protegegarage.com/1074-forge-motorsport-blow-off-valve-kit-mazdaspeed-protege.html

anyone every tried this and does it work? i was looking to replace my stock intercooler piping and didnt feel the need to go FMIC route bc i am strapped on cash and since this is my dd i dont wanna tear everything apart quiet yet...

why did i post that link you may be thinking?
well i wanna get silicone corksport piping and something fairly priced to take care of the surge, i know you can get rid of it with the stock BPV (to my understanding from this thread lol) but i still dont get the 1" sized pipe to fix it since the stock BPV is 5/8" i feel as if i may be overcomplicating this...

Many have tried it over the years. I don't remember anyone ever saying it ended up being their favorite... I went the re-circ route with the Boost Sciences RDV and one inch piping (I modified the nipples on my hard pipes to match) and killed the turkey; maybe a very slight performance gain but mostly negligible.

Many have tried it over the years. I don't remember anyone ever saying it ended up being their favorite... I went the re-circ route with the Boost Sciences RDV and one inch piping (I modified the nipples on my hard pipes to match) and killed the turkey; maybe a very slight performance gain but mostly negligible.

Would this have any positive effect for bad idle?

http://www.protegegarage.com/1074-forge-motorsport-blow-off-valve-kit-mazdaspeed-protege.html

anyone every tried this and does it work? i was looking to replace my stock intercooler piping and didnt feel the need to go FMIC route bc i am strapped on cash and since this is my dd i dont wanna tear everything apart quiet yet...

well i wanna get silicone corksport piping and something fairly priced to take care of the surge, i know you can get rid of it with the stock BPV (to my understanding from this thread lol) but i still dont get the 1" sized pipe to fix it since the stock BPV is 5/8" i feel as if i may be overcomplicating this...

By the way, this one is WAY cheaper then ProtegeGarage:

http://www.velocityfactor.net/scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=1360

I don't see how a blow-off valve of any sort would impact the idle. More likely suspects would be dirty IAC, EGR valve, or MAF; or bad plugs or coilpacks, dirty injectors, etc.

Ok two things:
1) save up some money and get the turbohoses hard pipe kit, it bolts right up to the factory SMIC
2) the stock bpv is what is causing the turkey, you need a bpv with bigger inlets/outlets to handle all of the charged air like the boostsciences RDV. The larger bpv in conjunction with 1" inner diameter nipples on air intake and hot pipe (as well as as short and straight a hose as possible between everything) is what gets rid of the turkey

Ok two things:
1) save up some money and get the turbohoses hard pipe kit, it bolts right up to the factory SMIC
2) the stock bpv is what is causing the turkey, you need a bpv with bigger inlets/outlets to handle all of the charged air like the boostsciences RDV. The larger bpv in conjunction with 1" inner diameter nipples on air intake and hot pipe (as well as as short and straight a hose as possible between everything) is what gets rid of the turkey

Where can you find a boostsciences rdv?

Apparently they aren't around anymore so in the fs section or just look for any bpv with a 1" inlet/outlet

Apparently they aren't around anymore so in the fs section or just look for any bpv with a 1" inlet/outlet

Damn, well today I replaced a missing bolt on the exhaust manifold which cured a whistling sound I was hearing but it unfortunately didn't fix the bad idle/"bucking" in low gears. I had a couple CEL's which pointed to a bad o2 sensor, but not sure if it's just because there is an exhaust leak, or it is bad.

lol just so I could find it easier im at work switching between computers and I used that to look at my last post just to find it easier

Go look for the ebay fmic thread while your at it. Disregard any of the dual valve business. A good single valve and recirc/mafrelocation is the solution.

Go look for the ebay fmic thread while your at it. Disregard any of the dual valve business. A good single valve and recirc/mafrelocation is the solution.

thanks i did decide to go with a recirculation valve im going to dump it into the intake

I read that description and can't understand how it works? Its for high boost applications? A simple aftermarket BOV setup is the way to go IMO.

No matter what boost you run especially on applications where you're going to change from low boost to high boost you don't need to mess with your blow off valve at all

Latest posts

Back