Just another yellow P5 build...

Slowly but surely this car will be boosted. I'm getting a shortblock to forge next week. My dual pod gauge pillar showed up last night, It will be boost and oil pressure, and I've been working on a column pod setup for the aem wideband.

So far so good. Picked up a $6 ebay pod and got hacking away.

20160614_020246_zpsoruc7czz.jpg

After a few minutes of fiddling I had some resemblance of something halfway decent.

20160614_020318_zps8rtrclop.jpg

Welded with a soldering iron using the scraps.

20160615_031725_zpsgwgowuwv.jpg

20160615_031741_zpsy5az9noo.jpg

Little bit of body work.

20160616_022034_zpspzu0ozjs.jpg

It's coming along.

Finished up the column pod.

Here it is before the last coat of primer

20160616_165239_zpsckcmvbvp.jpg

And here it is after a coat of textured trunk paint, two coats of black, and two coats of clear. Factory-looking is always the goal.

20160617_003543_zpsmbmb41qg.jpg

20160617_003636_zpsttqjxy8j.jpg

Came out really good man!! I need to redo my dual cluster gauges. All ready have a spare cluster to work on but have been super lazy about starting on it. That and trying to buy all the parts so I can start working on the new engine. I need to figure out where I want to put my third gauge (oil pressure). I do not want to put it on the a-pillar.

Came out really good man!! I need to redo my dual cluster gauges. All ready have a spare cluster to work on but have been super lazy about starting on it. That and trying to buy all the parts so I can start working on the new engine. I need to figure out where I want to put my third gauge (oil pressure). I do not want to put it on the a-pillar.
Thanks, I like your cluster setup. I was planning on doing that with just one on the tach side. But the pod I got was a little too big for that. Maybe put oil pressure in the din pocket, or put it in the vent.

AEM UEGO, glowshift boost and oil pressure gauges, MSP MBSP, and a used shortblock have all been ordered. Also will be purchasing some used Pauter rods from LinuxRacr.

And I've been working on doing the jdmsam method of VICS removal and manifold modification.

Going overbore? Isn't the jdmsam method combining two of the runners together? I forgot, it's been a while since I searched that up.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Dont know if I'll need to overbore yet. Hopefully not, just a good hone. And yeah, just combining the runners and hollowing it all out.

Well my block has a deep vertical scratch in cylinder #3 that my nail catches on so I guess I have no choice other than overboring. Good luck with the intake manifold. All I did was delete vcts and smooth out the lip inside the manifold. Probably should have done vics as well. I'm getting a 626 intake for the new engine

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It the base bracket off of ebay. Does the job, but I wouldn't recommend it really. And just generic side mount brackets. I would however recommend the Corbeau fx1 pro. I absolutely love it. Been dailying it for months now.

Still working on my hollowed out manifold. Progress has been slow as its been kind of warm. I drilled out as much as I could, then cut as close to the sides as possible with a sawsall, from here its going to be all dremel sanding drums and hand filing. This will take quite a while.

20160627_205250_zpsn6lsfpn1.jpg

Recieved my MSP MBSP from fuadmsp. Cleaned the rest of the silicone off to the best of my ability, and I've been experimenting with colors. What do you guys think. I want to paint the block and trans a cool color, I'm sick of black and silver, although a silver block might be nice. Mostly I just want something a little more showy since ill have it all apart anyway. Still will need to be classy and clean though. Also cant clash with the yellow, so I might be ditching all traces of red, unless its kind of dark. Anyway, input is welcome.

20160627_205203_zpszfgytoz3.jpg

And here is a vacuum dist. block i'll be using. Mounts on one side to a bracket bolted to the firewall. And I made the brake booster hose out of a spare one I had mixed with part of one off my old MPV. The curves down to the manifold are 100% perfect.

20160617_024622_zpsih7afcc7.jpg

Its hard to think of a color that will go well with yellow lol. I do like the color on the MBSP, can't picture what it'll look like with a yellow engine bay though. The hose you used for the vac block has the check valve in it right? Somewhere in between the brake booster and the vac block?

Yeah, the check valve is in there. I'm trying to picture a cream/tan. I was originally going to paint my racing Harts that color. I wasn't low enough to pull it off at the time though.

Latest posts

Back