Just another yellow P5 build...

20160701_030058_zpsjmtdhciy.jpg

Picked these up for $40 from a friend of mine. No cracks! Still running the hiboost stuff though. This will be part of my hoard for in case I need them later. This stuff is getting harder to find.

Aem afr gauge showed up. Looks awesome. Going white and silver to match cluster. Test fit. Looks good.

20160703_033255_zpsqpmyzz7j.jpg

However, there is a problem. I forgot to account for the thickness of the gauge itself and the steering wheel hits it when I turn. Sucks.

20160703_033346_zpsvhhl9jrx.jpg

Cut it up and welded the front back on about a half inch further back.

20160703_042445_zpsmpdmdm3s.jpg

My used shortblock showed up. Looks to be in very good shape. I'll have to get some pics later. The cylinder bores look flawless aside from one horizontal scratch/mark. Not really sure what it is. I can feel it a little with my fingernail. Pulled a couple of rod caps and the crank looks good too. I'm missing the rear main seal housing though. Let me know if any of you guys has an extra you'd like to sell.

Just got back from Stancewars Seattle. It was so much fun. Crazy amount of people there. I saw two proteges there. One a slammed silver P5 and the other was a stanced 99 sedan. And a bunch of people were taking pics of my car, Which surprised me.

The crankshaft in the block I got is pristine. Couldn't ask for better. All the bearings looked good. A couple little gouges here and there, but overall very good. Been cleaning the block as much as i can. Been using purple power and a bunch of paper towels and rags. Then hit it with the wd-40 straight after. Oh, and Pauter Rods are officially on their way.

Last edited:
Also ground down the thicker parts on some bolts to fit through the engine stand. And incase anyone wants to know, the tranny bolts that go into the block are m14x1.5.

20160713_190141_zpstnepnj8h.jpg

20160713_190218_zpsjyx0wr7y.jpg

I can't get a single squirter out of my block.... I think I'll just have the machine shop take them out for me and I'll tap the holes once I get the block back

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back