Just another yellow P5 build...

No sound clip yet, but here is a picture of my awesome wrap-job. Its not as easy as it seems.

043_zpsnlxrvfbe.jpg

And I picked this up last night from the guy I got the other stuff from.

044_zps66pshyts.jpg

I know, the battery needs to go, or at least get smaller. And the red thing is a cheap ebay torque damper off a 240sx. Got it for free. Back when I only had one polyurethane mm it made a bit of difference. I just haven't taken it off because I kinda like it. Don't buy one though, it's garbage.

So here's what i've been working on. Shaving and p&ping my spare manifold. So far so good.

From this:
046_zps2hku9qmr.jpg

To this:
45be2535-0d58-4190-b510-a22edd09e29d_zpswxaqtgzl.jpg

Here is where I cut off the mounting points for the vtcs stuff. This'll make tucking wires though the manifold much easier.

006_zpsq5tu3cdx.jpg

And these came in today, Which I am pretty excited about. Shipped from the uk to here for a total of $13 I think it was.

001_zpsy0nc4ar9.jpg

For the last few days I've just been sanding and grinding whenever I had time. I'm still not fully done yet, but I'm getting there.

Opened up the throttle body about 2mm and radiused the the inlet for better flow. Still needs more sanding and polishing.

001_zpsfze7engm.jpg

Here is the mostly done top of the manifold, Still needs more work in various places. Especially down between the middle runners. And I dont know what color I want to paint it yet either.

004_zpsbvz6dxya.jpg

Here is a close up of my patch-job on cyl #3 where a vac port was deleted. jb welded a shortened screw into the hole, then ground the screw head flat and used more jb weld as filler.

005_zpskwmhcgnb.jpg

And here is a pic of one of the intake runners. Still needs to be polished, but so far so good.

007_zpsqhjrtzoh.jpg

I love how clean your engine bay is. And that intake mani is looking great! what are you using to grind down the casting marks?

Thanks. Flap disk on an angle grinder for the big stuff, carbide cutters and sanding drums on the dremel, an assortment of files, and sand paper.

Took some pictures today. I have a certain goal in mind for next month. Still wish I had a better camera though...

303_zpsglvxfm2n.jpg

00411_zpskl6tb9jl.jpg

0411_zpshm9j6vme.jpg

Last edited:
hey ben! What part of seattle are you in? I could show you my super rusty from new england protege 5 :p. Im in Ballard

Here are some updates. First off, This came in a few days ago. It's a Corbeau fx1 pro in the regular black cloth. I haven't installed it yet because my base brackets have not arrived yet, but hopefully some time in the next few days they will. I love it so far. I've spent every sitting moment i've had over the last three days in it. In fact, i'm sitting in it right now as I type this. The sizing is perfect for me, quality seems great, and its very light. I'm going to be side mounting it, but I'm not quite sure if i am going to run sliders or not. I guess it'll depend on how low the seat sits without them. Eventually I will pick up another for the passenger side, I wanted to be sure I liked it before I went and bought another one.

004_zpsdmwoyyux.jpg

006_zpsemxpby5b.jpg

And I have been working on my manifold and throttle body a little more.

I filled the areas between runners 1-2 and 3-4 behind where the bolts go. Should give a little smoother look when done. Still needs a little more blending.

014_zpseqg7wx8k.jpg

Completely smoothed the iac housing and deleted the water inlet. Needs a little more sanding. I also deleted the water outlet on the throttle body and filled and sanded it flush.

013_zpsrqdr0wcv.jpg

Latest posts

Back