Installed some TRS Clear Lenses Today...

Opened them up agan. Just got done cutting little tabs off. Hopefully there will be less glare and i'm not going to reuse the orginal silicone. I scrapped most of the old stuff off and will be using clear silcone in a fat-bead.

I repainted the shield with flat black and the tap is cutoff. I think the output increased and the glare went away.

Before: Glare on door above cutoff.

100_3385.jpg

After: different background, but still had glare before

100_3407.jpg

Not its not as prominent and my output appears to have increased. Due to flatblack paint?

Installed my TRS Lenses this weekend. Took some quick pics in the garage. Will take better ones when I go out to aim them. All pics are with OEM HIDs.

Here are some old pics of the stock cutoff for comparison:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Pics of the TRS lenses w/three washers per side:

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

I absolutely LOVE them. Only thing is there are a couple of smudge marks on the lens on the driver's side. It's so hard to keep those lint/smudge free. But I'm hoping it's not affecting the output and beam pattern.

I absolutely LOVE them. Only thing is there are a couple of smudge marks on the lens on the driver's side. It's so hard to keep those lint/smudge free. But I'm hoping it's not affecting the output and beam pattern.

Ha. It's funny you should say that...

I actually have a nice little Japanese fingerprint on my stock driver's side lens...you can only see it when the light is on, but it's there nevertheless. (lol2)

I've gone through three OEM projector lenses, and they all had smudges or marks on them. Poor quality control at the factory. But this one was ALL on me (sad2)

I've gone through three OEM projector lenses, and they all had smudges or marks on them. Poor quality control at the factory. But this one was ALL on me (sad2)

you didnt clean them with the Alcohol swab before you sealed everything up. Thats what i did and no mugges or prints.

I should've done that, but I don't think it's affecting the output any. If it bothers me enough, I'll bake it open again :)

Looking good! I wouldn't worry about the finger print either. Looks like you have nice cutoff and output as well.

Went out tonight and took some more pics of the HID output with the TRS Lenses.

But first, here some other pics of the old output:

IMG_0004-3.jpg

IMG_0005-3.jpg

IMG_0006-1a.jpg

And the ones from tonight:

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Output w/fogs on:

IMG_0034.jpg

More garage pics:

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

mine dont flicker at the same time... onlycuz i have the lights aimed where i need it the most, but not to blind others too.

Hank..they look great. I am definately thinking about buying some TSX projectors down the road till i am bored with these.

here's a new one of mine. 5000k from DDMtuning

100_3518.jpg

Last edited:
mr_mazda: I'm running the stock HIDs @ 4300K. I used this aiming guide to get my lights to the proper height, but modified it to where that was at setting one and a higher setting was zero for backroads at night. Looks like you have a good amount of color band in yours too.

There's a great "How-To" on another forum. PM me and I'll link you to it.

Back