Installed some TRS Clear Lenses Today...

Element

I installed some clear lenses from The Retrofit Source today into my OEM HID headlights and am pleased with the results. Not only do I get a much nicer cutoff and improved light output, I also get a nice Flicker effect due to the increase in color. These are still the stock 4300K bulbs. So not only do I get the color of higher K bulbs, but I get better light output than stock.

Here are some daytime pics of the output. I will take some better pics tonight of the cutoff.

P7251042.jpg

P7251043.jpg

P7251045.jpg

P7251046.jpg

P7251047.jpg

P7251049.jpg

P7251050.jpg

P7251051.jpg

Foglights On:

P7251053.jpg

P7251060.jpg

Some of the pictures I was standing crooked in to try and show more of the color. But you can see as you change the angle you get some nice color.

Here are some cutoff pics:

P7251063.jpg

P7251064.jpg

I parked the car on a downward angle in the driveway to exaggerated the color:

P7251074.jpg

P7251075.jpg

P7251076.jpg

Some more head on pics, but at night:

P7251069.jpg

P7251078.jpg

P7251079.jpg

P7251081.jpg

P7251096.jpg

Last edited:
Epic win man. Good job. These have a very nice cutoff. And the flicker of my hella projectors. Did you need to reaim them and was the install hard?

Last edited:
Epic win man. Good job. These have a very nice cutoff. And the flicker of my hella projectors. Did you need to reaim them and was the install hard?

Thanks! I'm happy with the cutoff, but also the increase in light output.

Install was easy, but then again I've taken apart these headlights far too many times! All you need is some patience and work slowly to prevent damaging anything.

I needed to reaim them after the install as I had the entire projector assembly apart. Reaiming them is not that difficult and fairly straight forward.

For reaiming? Or the install? There were no instructions for either, but it is pretty straight forward and there are some good DIYs and How-Tos on the forum for both.

not even a note saying goodluck!
gosh companies really go above and beyond to help a customer these days

Element..you should post a how-to. That site doesnt have any pictures really on the forum.

Awesome, they actually look like HIDs now. I've been searching on the Evo lens mod but think this would be a better option, especially since the Evo lens are so hard to find.

I also installed these yesterday, and while I was at it did a couple of modifications to the projector. I cut off the tab on the front of the shield and painted the shield black to get rid of the glare above the cutoff (I'm pretty sure Element did this too). My results look a lot like Element's but hopefully I'll have some output shots after it gets dark tonight.

I highly recommend this lens swap to anyone.

Back