Info for the Reflash

your runnimg an ss afc? You'll be hearing from me soon if i pick up this car! lol

Alright guys, been trying to understand this thread. I know almost everything about my car except electronics, and building engines. So maybe I know nothing then, but wondering if I should get my MSP reflashed. Still running stock boost and don't plan on going any high any time soon. I have an Vibrant exhaust, charge pipes, CAI, and upraded SMIC. Car just turned over 60,000 miles. Anything would be greatful

Alright guys, been trying to understand this thread. I know almost everything about my car except electronics, and building engines. So maybe I know nothing then, but wondering if I should get my MSP reflashed. Still running stock boost and don't plan on going any high any time soon. I have an Vibrant exhaust, charge pipes, CAI, and upraded SMIC. Car just turned over 60,000 miles. Anything would be greatful

are you having any issues with the drivability of the car or are you happy with how it performs now?

Happy overall, but when I'm off the line in first it bogs a little.

Changed out the spark plugs just to see if that would help. BIG difference. I guess reflashing wasn't the answer.

I just looked into the reflash at the closest Mazdaspeed dealership and they basically they won't do it unless there is a problem. I assume that requires me to drive there complaining of hesitation......I'll change the plugs

Say, is there any way to tell whether or not your car has had the flash? My mom drove mine for its first 60k, and I have no knowledge of what all the dealer did to it. Am I stuck pulling maintenance records or w/e?

So I remember reading some place if you get the reflash done you cant have a boost controller or something like that?? Is this true?

No that is not true. The flash is supposed to advance the ignition timing. When you increase boost pressure you would generally want to retard timing. It has been said that an unflashed ECU will allow you to increase boost pressure more than a flashed ECU (with supporting mods.) You can still use a boost controller whether or not your ECU is flashed.

Be Careful!! You don't want to join the Zoom Zoom Boom club. Do your research before increasing your boost.

i just got my msp reflashed today and noticed smoother acceleration and idle. then when i got on it i noticed it still had a dead spot around 5500rpm but it is wayyyyy better then unflashed. i havent changed plugs or anything yet as i wanted to see stock for stock what the difference is...

i had this done last week...mazda charged me 107 dollars and i had to drive about 40 miles b4 i felt a change..i also stopped shooting flames.

I just looked into the reflash at the closest Mazdaspeed dealership and they basically they won't do it unless there is a problem. I assume that requires me to drive there complaining of hesitation......I'll change the plugs

they did mine without an issue..took about 40 minutes in and out.

Ok, seriously....I need the reflash done on my car. I went to the stealership and verified it has NOT been done already. So they tell me they have to charge me $80 for a tech to "verify my concern, and that the issue truly exists"; and another $80 to actually do the reflash. My question is....is this supposed to be done for free? If I'm not mistaken, all they do is hook up the ecu and download an update...so how the hell can they charge me $80 for it? If I'm pretty much screwed, then I'll just start looking around for other MS dealers that might do it for me. Just want to use this other one because its only 5 min away. Next closest one is about 30 min away.

they didnt need a tech to verify anything for me..it was just 107 bucks and they did it..it helped tho..idk about anyone else but my car was too the point where i would floor it and it would slow down -_-

they didnt need a tech to verify anything for me..it was just 107 bucks and they did it..it helped tho..idk about anyone else but my car was too the point where i would floor it and it would slow down -_-

You paid for the reflash? I was under the impression that it was free as it was a flaw by Mazda?

Back