Info for Hesitation/Stumble issue

who has had stubling/hesitation issues?

• Yes, I have or have had the issue

Votes: 126 93.3%
  • No, My MSP is good to go.

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters
rodslinger said:

Hahah- I may just have to cc everyone on that list and tell them I am an experienced tuner with 10+ years experience and 8+ in import performance and there setup is unacceptable. :). Maybe someone will listen for your sake. My honest opinion is you guys will get screwed somehow- either depreciate the car from all the public bitching that is planned or get some crappy mapping where they lean it out but also pull a ton of timing to prevent detonation and that would really screw the guys who want to make the power with these cars :).. I know until I see for myself exactly what the new map (if one ever comes out) does, I will not touch it with a 10 foot pole :). I have my car exactly where I want it and I am not going to take steps backwards :)..

Anyway, I'll shoot some emails to those mazdausa addresses tomorrow and try to help out. Just try not to go too public or I will be forced to sell my car before you guys ruin the value of it :).
Joe

Is there a phone number to call for their corporate offices? What number is everyone calling to get their production numbers and to talk with these reps? Thanks

You will only get a cust service rep, you cant get through to the higher ups. See my petition thread, and follow the instructions, with emails, its easier traceable thena phonecall. :D

Stumbling

I have noticed the stumble quite a bit since the hot weather has arrived. When my car was brand new 4 laps on a track would bring out the surging though. I thought it was the tiny intercooler. Its quite bad until 5,000 rpm and then it pulls hard to redline. This is bone stock.

I have the problem 3 4 5 gear 4000rpm to 5500 rpm low boost or low fuel
im reduce the problem in 50% with the installation of hyper ground system only have problem in the afternoon not in the morning

1239/2000 irr Puerto Rico

Imissmy3rdgen7 said:
I have become interested in purchasing the 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. And after reading this thread with the hesitation problems I am on hold until I get confirmation that a fix is available. Mazda needs to understand that no one will buy a new car only to have a high probability of a problem after it is driven 300 miles.

Repeat: I will not buy until the fix is issued.

I second that. Listen up Mazda! Enthusiasts will spread the word. Remember the fiasco with the underpowered 01 Miatas? Fix it and I may trade my P5.

Last edited:
Anyone got a response?

Keep it up. And everyone needs to send notice. I know a bunch of you probably didn't thinking that someone else did so you don't need to. That is how voting gets all screwed up. Send them a complaint on a daily basis until something gets done.

Engineering director, Kelvin Hiraishi KHiraish@mazdausa.com
Chief Designer, Truman Pollard TPollard@mazdausa.com

Other contacts at corporate. Make some noise!
mcheaven@mazdausa.com
rhitter@mazdausa.com
ldangond@mazdausa.com
nraman@mazdausa.com
dnapier@mazdausa.com
pweismul@mazdausa.com
breasone@mazdausa.com
ahaubric@mazdausa.com
jtodd@mazdausa.com
dholmes@mazdausa.com
klenhard@mazdausa.com
TLeimkuh@MazdaUSA.com
wskipwit@mazdausa.com
mnyenhui@mazdausa.com
LSmolins@mazdausa.com
jbenefie@mazdausa.com
bsim@mazdausa.com
gkaltz@mazdausa.com
jroper@mazdausa.com
paylett@mazdausa.com

Been trying to understand this problem better. I definetely feel the hesitation up to 5000 rpm, then it pulls hard. However before this point, I hear the same air sound as when the bypass valve is letting air out and my boost fluctuates. At 5k, it gets quiet, boost is straight at 6.8 or so, and the car feels great. Does this sound right?

-Six

rodslinger said:
Bumpidy-do-da, bumpidy-a,
My-o-my the hesitation is gay....

Everyone sing along now.....

Fakhelek said:
Extra rich mixture,
headin' your way.
Bumpidy-do-da
Neon's still gay!
L.M.A.O. !!!!!!
awesome!