How To: Wire Tuck/Engine Clean Up

I am removing my cruise controle right now and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to disconnect the cable that go's into the cruise control or how to disconnect it from the firewall?? I need this ASAP for I am working on it right now

So I finally disconnected the cruise control but now I have a CEL because of the sensors I unpluged. Is there a way to get rid of this CEL, would reseting the ECU do it??

So anywho here is some before and after pics"

BEFORE:
6b8a949a741b.jpg

AFTER:
3f4cd1f4e5b1.jpg

I will still be moving some of the sensor wires and more cleaning up. It definately opened the engine bay up a ton and made it alot easier to change my alternator belt

Last edited:
Did you replace all the sensors in the correct place? And isnt there a vacume line off of the cruise control? If so what did you do with that? Just unplug the battery for a bit and your CEL will go away, let us know if it comes back.

Well I just reset the ECU and the didn't get rid of the CEL. To answer your question jeg I took off the vaccume lines and put caps on the places the tubes were connected to the intake manifold, and I just have all the sensors unplugged and hangin there since I took out the cruse control so there is nothing to plug them into. So what should I do now???

mazdaspeed777 said:
Well I just reset the ECU and the didn't get rid of the CEL. To answer your question jeg I took off the vaccume lines and put caps on the places the tubes were connected to the intake manifold, and I just have all the sensors unplugged and hangin there since I took out the cruse control so there is nothing to plug them into. So what should I do now???

Are the sensors for the cruise control or something else? If there for the cruise control I don't know other than to completly remove them.

When I did this, I drove around with the CC still attached and the harness unplugged for a week to make sure I didn't throw a CEL by having it unplugged. No CEL.

I removed the CC and left the cable, but just hid the cable and the plug. Your car should be fine, I don't see why you would have a CEL from that. Maybe a vacuum leak.

L8R said:
When I did this, I drove around with the CC still attached and the harness unplugged for a week to make sure I didn't throw a CEL by having it unplugged. No CEL.

I removed the CC and left the cable, but just hid the cable and the plug. Your car should be fine, I don't see why you would have a CEL from that. Maybe a vacuum leak.

Well I did disconnect all of the sensors around the cruise control. I tryed plugging them all in again, and reseting the ECU but it still had the CEL?? I don't see how I could have a vaccume leak from removing my CC??? I capped all the connections on the intake manifold.

So has anyone relocted their fuse box or powersteering resvoir. I was considering doing both. I have a friend who is good with wiring and said we could extend all the wires that go to the fuse bix and relocate it somewhere else. I was think maybe in the car under the dash somewhere. Adn the powersteering resevoir would be easy he said.

That sounds insane. How would you get to your fuses? My friend put his fuse box of his 240 in his fender well.

Good luck!

That sounds insane. How would you get to your fuses? My friend put his fuse box of his 240 in his fender well.

Good luck!

It wouldnt be much different than changing the fuses inside the car. I would put it somewhere under the dash that would be reachable. Possibly close to the fuse box inside the car.

Do you still have your stock coolant overflow tank? I plan on going with a similar catch can for my coolant overflow. I think it looks alot better.

It wouldnt be much different than changing the fuses inside the car. I would put it somewhere under the dash that would be reachable. Possibly close to the fuse box inside the car.

There's nowhere feasable. Trust me. Best thing is pull the front bumper and stick it up under there. Basically, left hand side where a CAI filter would sit, or up under the rad support. Then you only extend the wires like 18" if that, and you don't have to pull it all back inside the car.

There's nowhere feasable. Trust me. Best thing is pull the front bumper and stick it up under there. Basically, left hand side where a CAI filter would sit, or up under the rad support. Then you only extend the wires like 18" if that, and you don't have to pull it all back inside the car.

I was looking into that. But I was thinking I might not have to do any extending(possibly) if I brought it back into the car.

I am going to wire tuck mine when I take some time off work. Crazy busy right now lol. I would like to remove cruise control, as well as move p/s reservoir, lines, rad reservoir and am removing AC to make room for 2nd alt upgrade. Does anyone have any how to's on moving the reservoirs and how to relocate the power steering lines... Could I just get some AN fittings and SS Lines to reroute? or better yet use current lines but route behind p/s pump then down so they are minimally visible?

I'd like to remove CC too. The second I unplugged the sensor to check if it would be alright I got a CEL though.

Back