How To: Wire Tuck/Engine Clean Up

looks really good man! I can't imagine starting on this project-it's so daunting. my engine looks like such crap right now. I'd be afraid that i'd never be seen again.

So I was thinking of removing my cruise control. I was not getting anywhere with the link you posted about it so I was wondering if you can tell all what I need to remove??

It looks like to me to remove the vaccume thing(what ever its called?), the two hoses connected to it, and the bracket on the strut. Did I miss anything??

I just started to wire tuck my engine and so far so good. It's easier than it looks, its time consuming and hard on the lower back. I just tucked the grounds and the wires above the tranny and next to the head. When I have more time I will be doing the rest of the wires everywhere else. The hardest wire to tuck I believe will be the bunch that run on top of the intake manifold and connect to the injectors, etc. That might take some thinking...

DeadGeneration said:
I was considering cruise control removal and intake mani sensor removal but I decided to cool my jets on that one.

Yah I was debating this for a while cause I do actually use it sometimes but I am entering a car show this summer so that will give the engine bay a better look and I can always put it back in if I need to.

Yes. Time consuming but with my car lowered I was actually able to sit on my knees and do most of the engine work LOL so I didn't damage the back too bad.

The intake mani sensors need to be moved but l8R needs to post more information on this. Whata n00b lol jk I will prolly just PM him when I go to do my VCTS, MP3 ECU, sensor removal stuff.

I moved all the sensors to the firewall. I don't have anything bolted to the top of manifold, well not too many things lol. I can't give out all the secrets haha a lot of it is trial and error.

PS large ass picture sorry. Picture is older. I don't have that intake anymore or catch can.

Attachments

• DSC01605.JPG
    DSC01605.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 520
  • scso37.jpg
    scso37.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 451
  • scso05.jpg
    scso05.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
I don't think it matters lol. My hood hasn't flown off yet, so its all good.

Hood props were bought on this forum a while back from a group buy. I believe NRG makes for our cars now. I think ProtegeGarage.com has them, not sure.

Also, what question did you have? I never used my cruise control, so I removed the sensor and the housing. I have not removed the other sensors, just hid them.

Yah I was just wondering what all I need to remove with the cruise control. It looks like to me the housing, the two hoses connected to it, and the brack holding it to the top of the struts. Did I miss anything??

Also the sensor connected to the housing, but that is about it. Good luck dude.

Not that this has anything to do with engine bays lol, but I am working on a project that involves cutting laminant to make the plastic that goes in the top of the strut housing, might be tonights project.

Cool, will do. I will probably be doing this tonight or this weekend so I will post some before and after pics soon. I might even do a little wire tucking if I have enough time.(naughty)

Back