How To Use Seafoam To Clean Your Engine

Is this it?

dsc002269uh.jpg

If so I just pull out this sucker from right there? I put that end in the sea foam and let it get sucked up by the engine?

rac3rx... i got me some seafoam from advanced auto and the guy came out and looked and said thats the brake booster line that u should use.

i just did an oil change so i guess i'll wait on this one until i need another

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
rac3rx... i got me some seafoam from advanced auto and the guy came out and looked and said thats the brake booster line that u should use.

i just did an oil change so i guess i'll wait on this one until i need another

Thanks! Sweet!

Me 2, let me know when you get ready to change your oil again, I might be due, and we can tackle this.

well i decided to give proto some royal treatment today, so i grabbed a large bottle of techron, fille dup on 89 chevron, grabbed some seafoam, ran it through the pcv valve, crankcase, and a little in the gas tank

had a bear of a time with it in the PCV valve, (i ran this back in the day on my trooper and it chugged through it and smoked like no bodys business)
but on mine it kept clunkin out on me, so i finally rigged it up so i could rev off the throttle body and manage the intake of the sea foam, i noticed when i cut proto off, the CEL was flashin, so i cut her off and restarted five later, it was kinda rough for the first few minutes as expected but i was surprised, with 120k miles, i got BARELY any smoke, but i did get some fumes, and a CEL light, so i drove it around cruised it then dropped a gear and took it up in the high rpm's to flush it out, then when i got back i reset the ECU, and drove it around again

the report:
idle: like a dream! no shudder when i drain the alternator (cut on a/c, roll up windows, hit brakes, do whatever i can do bog the idle) no real rough transition when the fan cuts on, it didn't idle bad before, but it idles like it's new now!
it feels smoother all around, smoother pull in all rpm's, smoother throttle response
i'm gonna drain the oil after this tank of gas, give the techron and seafoam a chance to really do their thing, then it's time to fill her up with some new synthetic and some restor, which btw, is AWESOME! made a huge difference on my trooper, and has put some balls back in the mazda

hudnik said:
well i decided to give proto some royal treatment today, so i grabbed a large bottle of techron, fille dup on 89 chevron, grabbed some seafoam, ran it through the pcv valve, crankcase, and a little in the gas tank

had a bear of a time with it in the PCV valve, (i ran this back in the day on my trooper and it chugged through it and smoked like no bodys business)
but on mine it kept clunkin out on me, so i finally rigged it up so i could rev off the throttle body and manage the intake of the sea foam, i noticed when i cut proto off, the CEL was flashin, so i cut her off and restarted five later, it was kinda rough for the first few minutes as expected but i was surprised, with 120k miles, i got BARELY any smoke, but i did get some fumes, and a CEL light, so i drove it around cruised it then dropped a gear and took it up in the high rpm's to flush it out, then when i got back i reset the ECU, and drove it around again

the report:
idle: like a dream! no shudder when i drain the alternator (cut on a/c, roll up windows, hit brakes, do whatever i can do bog the idle) no real rough transition when the fan cuts on, it didn't idle bad before, but it idles like it's new now!
it feels smoother all around, smoother pull in all rpm's, smoother throttle response
i'm gonna drain the oil after this tank of gas, give the techron and seafoam a chance to really do their thing, then it's time to fill her up with some new synthetic and some restor, which btw, is AWESOME! made a huge difference on my trooper, and has put some balls back in the mazda

Great to hear!

BTW whats restor?

restore
GREAT stuff
you put it in with your oil, do it during a routine oil change, you can pick it up at any auto parts store, they have a 4cyl, 6cyl, and 8cyl formula
it conditions your seals and restores compression, and i swear by it, my trooper motor was hurtin and it definetly mad ea difference
only thing is, it takes some time before it really has it's full effect, normally takes around 500 miles, but it brought back some ponies, helped idle, throttle response, and smoothed it out, that and seafoam work wonders i think, at least for the price

give it a shot, i do it around every other oil change now

oh and it's good for quieting cars with noisy lifters...

and it cures rare types of cancer.................. :bs: not really, but after all of my ranting that's almost believable huh?

hudnik said:
restore
GREAT stuff
you put it in with your oil, do it during a routine oil change, you can pick it up at any auto parts store, they have a 4cyl, 6cyl, and 8cyl formula
it conditions your seals and restores compression, and i swear by it, my trooper motor was hurtin and it definetly mad ea difference
only thing is, it takes some time before it really has it's full effect, normally takes around 500 miles, but it brought back some ponies, helped idle, throttle response, and smoothed it out, that and seafoam work wonders i think, at least for the price

give it a shot, i do it around every other oil change now

oh and it's good for quieting cars with noisy lifters...

and it cures rare types of cancer.................. :bs: not really, but after all of my ranting that's almost believable huh?

Thanks! I think I know what your talking about, it comes in s sort of can, like a soda.

100% Ill give her a shot, nothing like helping the life of the engine, and this car has some noisy lifters.

chaos2015 said:
YEAH!!!! finnaly some one found the hose!!!(shocked) ok now run it through there, not the pcv. with 120,000 on an engine things will get built up in the cumbustion chamer and valves and you will notice a difference but if you use some common sence(not trying to pick on anyone) and stop to think about how an engine works, do it through the booster for the best results. follow the two hoses for the pcv. PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU CAN CLEAN THE WHOLE INTAKE MANIFOLD, VICS, VTCS, AND CYLINDER 2 & 3!!!!!! Fact is YOU CAN NOT!!!! Thank you for posting the pic. Now this proscess leans things out dramaticly. Boost+lean=BOOOOOM!!!=cussing=$$ I have done this serviice on turbo cars before but you have to have a profesional kit to do it. It's kinda like a IV drip, but you gotta know what your doing or its time for a new short block. I'm not trying to be an ahole or a know it all but this is one of the best services (and over looked) for any car, and I have done on average 2 a day for the last 3 years on customers cars. Just cause the pcv is sooooo easy to get to and you know it will have vacuume dosn't mean its the best one. I've seen a lot of mechanics do this service wrong many times and it bugs the hell out of me. shops charge 50-175 dollors to have this done and if it isn't hooked up right its the same as giving that money to the camp fire.

Ok so for our cars the best spot is brake booster. MSP *sigh* it can be done but have a Mazda tech do it, pay the extra bit. Its not worth joe blow the!@@#$%@#$^@$&#*#&#$%^!#@%!#$^ retard do it and @#%$ it up!

zoompastu said:
YEAH!!!! finnaly some one found the hose!!!(shocked) ok now run it through there, not the pcv. with 120,000 on an engine things will get built up in the cumbustion chamer and valves and you will notice a difference but if you use some common sence(not trying to pick on anyone) and stop to think about how an engine works, do it through the booster for the best results. follow the two hoses for the pcv. PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU CAN CLEAN THE WHOLE INTAKE MANIFOLD, VICS, VTCS, AND CYLINDER 2 & 3!!!!!! Fact is YOU CAN NOT!!!! Thank you for posting the pic. Now this proscess leans things out dramaticly. Boost+lean=BOOOOOM!!!=cussing=$$ I have done this serviice on turbo cars before but you have to have a profesional kit to do it. It's kinda like a IV drip, but you gotta know what your doing or its time for a new short block. I'm not trying to be an ahole or a know it all but this is one of the best services (and over looked) for any car, and I have done on average 2 a day for the last 3 years on customers cars. Just cause the pcv is sooooo easy to get to and you know it will have vacuume dosn't mean its the best one. I've seen a lot of mechanics do this service wrong many times and it bugs the hell out of me. shops charge 50-175 dollors to have this done and if it isn't hooked up right its the same as giving that money to the camp fire.

Ok so for our cars the best spot is brake booster. MSP *sigh* it can be done but have a Mazda tech do it, pay the extra bit. Its not worth joe blow the!@@#$%@#$^@$&#*#&#$%^!#@%!#$^ retard do it and @#%$ it up!

Okay, your post is a little hard to make out. Let me see if I got it straight.

1. The Pic I posted is good, and the brake boost line is the best point of entry for the Seafoam.

2. Even doing this through the brake boost line WILL NOT clean "THE WHOLE INTAKE MANIFOLD, VICS, VTCS, AND CYLINDER 2 & 3" And there is NO WAY to do so.

3. Cleaning a turbo engine with seafoam "Leans" things out dramatically and lean+boost = Boom.

4. Dont do it if your ride is turbo unless you have a special kit to do so.

5. It WILL NOT "lean" things out on a N/A car and us N/A guys can go ahead and do it ourselvs.

why the hell do you need a special kit? also noone will be boosting while its idling. what the **** are you talking about beavis?

zoompastu said:

chaos2015 said:

Because there is a one-way check valve on the MSP's to keep the brake booster from seeing positive pressure. The Sea-foam probably isn't too good for that valve.

dominoy2k1 said:
why the hell do you need a special kit? also noone will be boosting while its idling. what the **** are you talking about beavis?
First off watch your mouth. It's not exceptable. (nuts)
1. booster cleans it all. PCV won't clean it alll.
2. Enable to sucka bottle of liquid through a vaccume line and keep it running, you have to give it throttle. uummm.....you'll have boost over 2500RPM
3. sometimes you can get bad Pings (detination) when clearing the crap out. you'll be reving your motor between 3000 and 5000 rpm so you'll get boost.
4. The Pings you can sometimes get are not good for any motor but N/A isn't a big issue.
5. As I said the "kit" is an I.V. drip like in a hospital, but a little different. you control the rate the fluid is sucked in. Works great for turbo cars.
6.Some cars have the check valve on the booster line. Get Vacuume line from a auto store and disconect it from the manifold. put the new line on. do the service. disconect the line you just put on. put the origanal line back on.

One more thing I forgot. after you suck the bottle down kill the motor and let it sit for ten min. that will let the fluid soak in to the carbon. No you won't hydrolock.

hey guys quick question.
does the order in which part of the car you put it in matter?
i just went out and bout some oil, seafoam and a filter
so i'm ready to clean out that old engine

Not really

Put ut some in the gas, then Pull it in the motor through the brake booster. (let the car sit, then drive it to clear it out)

Then change your oil.

Back