How to: Use 93-96 Mazda MX6 rear strut tower bar for a P5

so will this mod work with the MSP?

I don't know, but check the clearance between the 2 top mounting bolts for each side of the rear struts (If anything gets in the way, I would say no).

Example: Trunk lid arms, speakers, seats, etc...

Isn't there a speaker box thing back there on the top end for the MSP?

Did you cut the plastic panels to get them to fit or what?

What plastic panels? Do you mean the side ones? Then yes. Just 2 holes with a hole saw.

WiL

Looks good! Any handling difference noticed so far? I would do that myself were my hatch not full of subs and such.

holy s*** good find! I waited forever for the gtspec bar to become available, and I paid teh $$$ for it... kudos to you for using your brain lol

welcome.... great write up greta find.. i can tell you'll be a good member

(i still prefer my gt spec though - seems a little stronger)
barmounted.jpg
35423750.jpg

but for $22...... can't really argue

I wonder if they would clear my Infinity Basslink, it's not too tall but it's mounted standing up right under where that bar is. I'll have to take some measurements.

zverg said:
I wonder if they would clear my Infinity Basslink, it's not too tall but it's mounted standing up right under where that bar is. I'll have to take some measurements.

barmounted.jpg

Crap I think the Basslink might be a bit too tall.. I could always mount it laying down instead, then it would definitely clear.

cable43 said:
welcome.... great write up greta find.. i can tell you'll be a good member

(i still prefer my gt spec though - seems a little stronger)
barmounted.jpg
35423750.jpg

but for $22...... can't really argue

corksports makes a MX6 rear strut bar that thick for $79!

cable43, do you have the attachments for that bar? The trunk linkage & trunk reinforcement bar? Just want to know if it helps a bit on handling...

WiL

Attachments

• mx6 rear stb corksport.bmp
    100.8 KB · Views: 132
ke20sprinter said:
cable43, do you have the attachments for that bar? The trunk linkage & trunk reinforcement bar? Just want to know if it helps a bit on handling...

WiL

na i keep debaing on wether i want to get them or not,,, i'll see if edo or someone dropd the price a bit
(and don't tell me that corksport has one for $19!!!!!!!) (boom07)

I saw all the gtspec stuff too but looked like it belonged in a car that sees more track time than mine will. I would definitely want that one in a race car. Wouldn't those other bars that go with it mean drilling holes in floor and or removal of the rear carpet piece?

silverspeed03 said:
So, does anyone know if this will fit the MSP?

i'm pretty sure it will not considering that this is the GT Spec Sedan Rear Strut Bar:
GT_SPEC_Strut_Bar_-Rear_Sedan.jpg

I was sent this bar by mistake and trust me the 2 are nothing alike.

cable43 said:
i'm pretty sure it will not considering that this is the GT Spec Sedan Rear Strut Bar:
GT_SPEC_Strut_Bar_-Rear_Sedan.jpg

I was sent this bar by mistake and trust me the 2 are nothing alike.

Hmmm...So the sedans have some sheetmetal inbetween the 2 strut posts. That sucks. I remember my friends Toyota GTS that had a rear bar bolted to the rear wheelwells, not the strut bolts...I wonder if something like this can be done with the Protege Sedan?

WiL

hyperboarder said:
Anybody try the Megan one yet? I have the gunmetal one on the way, want to know how well it'll work.

I don't think there is a handling difference between the megan and basic bar...If you look at the actual bracket, they are the same...It's the thick bars, such as GT spec or corksport that may be better.

WiL

Back