How To: UDP Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twilight, isnt there a whole at the bottom of the tranny (referring to autos) where you can jam a screw driver to prevent the crank from turning while you crank on the pulley bolt? I think there is.....(as on other cars, hehe)

in that case, yea twilight, hehe. As I was helping my friend installing a udp on his Suzuki Aerio (auto) thats we did. At the bottom of tranny there is a hole about 2/8 of an inch in diameter, just large enough to shove a screwdriver thourgh.

when reinstalling everything, u just do everything in reverse right? any torque specs needed? or any fine details? im not too much of a motor person, so if there is anything the directions dont include but are important to know, please tell! i will be following this exactly step by step thats y. thanks!

i am just changing my belts and found this a good write up.

torque the pulley down to 121 lbs. Make SURE you will put some anti sieze grease on the bolt for the pulley, otherwise you will need air tools next time you will be removing that bolt. Although, I used anti sieze grease and still needed air tools to get it off, luckily I was in my dad's mechanic's garage and got that bolt off within 2 seconds. Air tools Rule!!

For an auto tranny, what we did is take the back end of the wheel nut remover tool (flathead end) and jam it into one of the holes between the teeth of the auto's flywheel. It stopped the crank and the flywheel's tooth did not bend at all...

Also to answer someone else's question about the Perrin pulley and belts... Since the pulley is the same size, the belt size should stay the same. So you should also be able to use the stock belts.

You also won't hear squeaks in the belts. Turn the wheels fully both ways. If you hear squeaky squeak, tighten the belt that runs to the power steering pump.

Anyone here with the RR racing pulley know what belt size to use? I ordered the pulley and figured I should get the belt so I can install the pulley when it comes.

It doesn't matter whether I get the 446 or 450? Do I need both belts even though I'm only replacing that one pulley?

Lord_Zath said:
you'll need both belts because the pulley you're replacing is the crank pulley, which runs both belts...

Two sizes are listed for one of the belts, I'm assuming the last three digits is CM or something so that's really close in size. I just wanted to make sure, does it matter which I get?

EDIT: A few people mentioned a specific brand of belts they recommend, but would I be OK getting one from a shady place like Autozone, Pep Boys, or Advance Auto Parts? My UDP should be here any day now and I'm too impatient to wait for belts.

gino said:
Had my rr pulley in for a few months now. Have to check my dyno charts, but the WHP and torque gains are measurable. That's "measurable," not "big."

Noticeable positive difference in throttle response and acceleration with a MT. No problems w/AC, lights, windows or any other electrical accessory.

Belts are Gates #s 040355, and 050446 or 050450. Last three digits are belt length whether it's Gates or another brand.

BTW, Rafi's selling his pulley--black only--for $148 including shipping. If you missed the GB a while back, it's still a good deal. Unorthodox is another $50 or so if color's worth it it you.

See how the last two sizes are really close in size; gramatically it looks like he is saying that you need the first size, and then pick one of the two last sizes.

oic yeah. Don't worry about the last two - just get one of them. I believe length is measured in mm so 4mm will not kill you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back