How To: UDP Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
This smells just like when a woman asks if what she's wearing makes her ass look fat......................There is no right answer.

Mad Hatter said:
Next using an impact and a 21mm socket, as well as an extension, remove the bolt in the center of the crank pulley(these are pretty tight so stay on it for a minute, pic2). Remove pulley(we just rocked it back and forth, and sprayed a little WD-40 on it. see pic7).

is "impact" a pneumatic impact or does it matter. no clarity

Lord_Zath said:
1. I haven't noticed a whistle. Only think is belt squealing.

2. I didn't when I did mine, but it would probably be a good idea...

Isn't it amazing how much better it pulls in 1st and 2nd?
Thanks Zath. :D

So, I did reset the ecu the other day. It always seems to run like crap for the first 10 or so miles. hehe
I went for a long drive today and I'am starting to really enjoy this pulley. I did notice better pulling in 1st & 2nd Zath, but what really impressed me was the acceleration from a roll. Much nicer pull than before. I'd say this feels almost as strong when I installed my header.

car's still slow though...hehe

^ HOLY s***. Take it to a Mechanic! This Hurts, You will never be a gear head so stop pretending that you are actually going to do it. If you do you will break the car...

amsgator said:
there are also manual impact wrenches- the link i gave. so no need for your sarcasm
I saw the pics in your link, hence my link to what could actually be used to complete your project. If you want to do it manually then use a big breakover bar to get it off & a "manual" or "digital" torque wrench to put it back on. I'm starting to think you aren't really even going to do this. What sarcasm, are you making fun of my accent?

Last edited:
when i get time, yea i might end up doin it. but working 50-60 hours a week doesn't leave time to do anything. but you can think what you want. doesn't bother me a bit.

i couldn't care less. dont get any help on this forum anyway other than oem parts from PG and items for sale

amsgator said:
i couldn't care less. dont get any help on this forum anyway other than oem parts from PG and items for sale

Thats funny. I got much help from it, Must just be you...

Hopefully it will be trimmed by the mods back to just the clear & useful original information then closed.

I've had to clean up this thread TWICE!!! Don't waste everyones time crapping on Mazda Forums threads or you WILL BE BANNED.

Thread CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back