How To: Electric Window Always On

So, has anyone been able to do this with the moonroof.
That would be the coolest thing.
:confused:

Moeed

i just did this, pretty easy, but for me a tooth pick didnt work. it just broke off in there making it harder to do.

I studied it for quite a while in the wiring diagram, but couldn't figure it out. Things have been so crazy here lately, I have hardly posted here at all. I don't think I will have a chance to look at it before I deploy for 90 days, either. Sorry!

I've had it for about 2months now and no problems in the cold weather and sitting for days at a time.
(yes)

Gzzzzz , we need this to work with out the light AND the wondow lock doesn't lock the window now

ya i noticed the light stays on, on the auto window button. i asked a friend of mine that is an electrical engineer to look at it, he did some test with an volt meter and something else, and said it was an led type light -electrod? if i spelled that right?? anyway he says it doest draw s*** for power and will take a year to drain a full charged battery.. iv had no problems yet..:)

we've had several days/nights of below freezing weather and I didn't start it for several days.. when I eventually did, it started without hesitation. :)

just now tried it on mine, but that r/w terminal was no joke to get out, u gotta be kidding me with a toothpick, i used a small flat head screwdriver and pulled hard as i could from the other end, finally i used the screwdriver to pry it out at an angle and it finally came out.
hope i dont wake up in the morning to a dead battery :O

good work on the instructions btw, very helpful.

I did this over the weekend, and it works great.

The toothpick idea is not an option on backing out that wire.

Any concern regarding the led for the 'auto' window light and the draw on your battery - if you have an alarm installed, do you worry about the led on your dash drawing too much power? That would be the equivalent.

My car has been starting fine with this done. Its easy enough to reverse too...

Good job on the instructions too!
:D

The LED probably draws no more than 15mA, that's 0.015A. By comparison, the interior lights probably total ~30W, maybe less (I don't have my svce man here). But that's closer to 2.3A @ 13V. (P=V*I >> P/V=I >> 30/13=2.30769).

If the numbers are correct, you'd have to leave this modification sitting for 158 days without starting your car to equal that of leaving the interior lights on for 1 day. (somebody check my math on this...)

The point is, if you can leave your interior lights on all night and still be able to start your car in the morning, then this mod should not hurt the battery.

Back