How To: Electric Window Always On

Bijou-MP5 said:
are you serious? and is optima red better then yellow?

I was told that the red gives more power. But is used quicker. Once it's dead, it will only recharge to 90%. Then if it does it again, 80%. And so on. So if you like to sit in a parking lot without the engine running pulling huge amprage, then the red might not be for you. General purpose, good idea!

The yellow is the one I went for. A little less power, but my 2 Orion amps make up for that. Don't know if I need any more power... The yellow is more of a lithium ion state. Will discharge and recharge just fine with no memory or loss of capicity.

Just what I was told by an Optima sales guy. Don't know how true it is, but it sounds logical to me...

Does this affect the moon-roof function? Do you know if you can do something similar for the moon-roof?

I just did this mod and it is very easy to do, but the 'auto' light is pissing me off.
Also, I'd be interested to know if someone has figured out how to get the moonroof working this way as well. (it's really the only window that i forget to close)

-Erik

PhreekPhive said:
I don't have a moon roof, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it in this same fashion.

I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know which wires have to be moved.

Anyone with a moonroof do this yet? Also, anyone figure out how to stop the 'auto' light on the driver's window switch from staying on? (other than taking apart the door and taking the bulb out)

-Erik

get a switch from a 99 es (like mine) as it doesn't have the auto light

glyph said:
get a switch from a 99 es (like mine) as it doesn't have the auto light

Good idea. But I guess it would be just as easy for me to get rid of the bulb instead of replacing the whole control.

Still looking for any ideas on how to get the moonroof working without the key in the ignition....anyone?

-Erik

I have a wiring diagram I bought on ebay, I'll take a look through this, as I am interested in the moonroof option as well.

glyph said:
I have a wiring diagram I bought on ebay, I'll take a look through this, as I am interested in the moonroof option as well.

That would be awsome if you could do that. Let us know if you figure anything out. I'm dying to get this done before it gets too cold to work on my car.

-Erik

Is your last name Von Bastian?:eek:

I have a friend named Eric Von B. that moved to Canada. (uhm) :)

(drinks) Nice to meet ya anyway. That 151 trick in your Avatar is a goodie!:)

erikvonb said:
Also, anyone figure out how to stop the 'auto' light on the driver's window switch from staying on? (other than taking apart the door and taking the bulb out)

-Erik

I was thinking about this today at work. I thought maybe you could find the wire that powers the light and cut it, then put an ACC power source to it. But now that I think about my genius, it's not so great. Out of all the wires in that harness, H and F are the main ones. I believe one is power and one is ground. I'm sure this is how the light gets power. Problem, you need both H and F for the windows to work. Finding which one is power and hooking it to an ACC source would then make the windows to only work when the key is in ACC, which is better than stock. I've now had this little mod for over a week. No problems. Even with my alarm lights and cap in the back.

soon i'll post the pages from the wiring diagram that apply
eventually i'll make a pdf of the whole thing. of course, mine is for a 99 protege

if peeps dun want to do it, i will, long as ur at whatever meet i am at, itz easy, but i'll do it if u dont want to mess with ur car, i have 7 cars done so far and no probs reported

Back