HKPRO5's Supercharger Build Thread

Don't have my camera but the vac line leading straight into the solenoid for the sensor (looks just like the vics and vtcs solenoids) is where the check valve needs to be. The solenoid and sensor are mounted to a bracket for the strut bar just behind the strut near the firewall.

NA protege's use an egr boost sensor which tells the egr when to open. MSP does not have this sensor so no problem for them but when you boost an na protege the check valve keeps boost from hitting the sensor.

These were part of the Hiboost Kit install instructions and I have read similar cases of the OG na gone turbo guys as well as other makes too.

I'm assuming you don't also have a check valve on the vac line just behind the throttle body that leads to the purge solenoid valve. This keeps you from applying boost pressure to your gas tank.

your exhaust should be fine, when I was getting my custome cam upgrade the cam guy told me a supercharger should be more exhaust then intake, and turbo vise versa.

you guys are talking about the check valve before the charcoal canister right? wish I could help with the EGR, I removed mine....

Hmm Ill check later today...I was actually busy at work...lol

BTW those slim fans kill it! Almost louder than the SC. hahaha!

Last edited:
Don't have my camera but the vac line leading straight into the solenoid for the sensor (looks just like the vics and vtcs solenoids) is where the check valve needs to be. The solenoid and sensor are mounted to a bracket for the strut bar just behind the strut near the firewall.

This?

Attachments

• DSC01493.JPG
    DSC01493.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 200
so I was wondering if having your MAF being under pressure may be the cause
I have my MAF right where the filter intake is, and have the BOV recirculated,
it ran great this way

Never really thought about running recirc.

I'll be switching over to aluminum pipes I guess I can try that then.

Back