Hiboost FMIC Install (56k warning)

ARunto said:
I was driving today and noticed that the response of the turbo has drastically increased. It spools up much quicker especially in 4th and 5th gear. I don't know why I didn't do a front mount sooner.

-Alan
Nice huh? 3rd gear is seamless for me and pulls to no end. You can't feel redline in 3rd (or for me that is) so be careful lol.

great write up

i remember a while back that you had said that you get that high pitch whining sound when you are at full boost (not normal spool up sound), and you it was normal. has the sound decreased or disappeared?
ARunto said:
well after a night of wasting some gas...I must say the car feels great. It really does have some kick to it. I've noticed no overheating or heatsoak. Also no pipes have blown off which I think the T-Bolt clamps help with.

GearSlammer said:
i remember a while back that you had said that you get that high pitch whining sound when you are at full boost (not normal spool up sound), and you it was normal. has the sound decreased or disappeared?
No more whislte noise that I heard with the stock SMIC and pipes.

-Alan

cool, i have it too, it bugs the heck out of me. i was hoping a fmic would help. i cant beleive the dealer says its a normal sound, it cant be normal.

mspeedpro said:
pics of your recircing hks??
hksrecirc.JPG

Back