Hiboost FMIC Install (56k warning)

ARunto

Contributor
:
'03 Black Mica #226
Well I purchased a used Hiboost FMIC kit from 1FASTMP5 (mike). I figured I'd share my install story. Sorry if the pics are too big I'm too lazy and tired to resize.

Around 3pm the UPS guy delivered some boxes...
IMG_0004.JPG

I open it up and what do I see (bling)...
IMG_0007.JPG

I had to do the show off my FMIC picture (at least I'm not wearing a pink shirt) (j/k natty)
IMG_0011.JPG

The night before I took off the bumpers, stock SMIC, and other misc stuff that would get in the way (pretty much everything) so the car ended up looking like this...
IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

It was a pain taking off the stock SMIC. (which I plan not to do ever again) So this I felt about the stock SMIC...
IMG_0022.JPG

With everything unwrapped (which took forever cause mike packed this stuff like a mofo) it was time to install.
IMG_0014.JPG

Since I didn't have instructions I was just going have to wing it. I knew it would be a long night cause I had to test fit and test fit more and test fit more. So this is how my glove felt about all the test fitting...
IMG_0010.JPG

After a couple hours I was all done and here's what it looks like now...
IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

Some close-ups...noticed I used T-Bolt clamps and yeah I know my engine bay is dirty :)
IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

I still need to do some finishing touches and put the bumpers back on and do a test drive. I gotta figure out how these brackets work for the upper radiator mount. I must say though the Hiboost is top notch in quality and fitment. So it gets the ARunto approval :)
IMG_0023.JPG

I'll take and post some more pics tommorrow and give you updates on how well the FMIC performs. So far I'm very happy and pleased. It's time to do what my kitty does best....sleep :)
IMG_0003.JPG

Thanks for reading,

-Alan

Last edited:
sweet deal ! (thumb) man i wish i had the money to buy that thing...and i think we all feel the same way about our stock SMICs haha. and the BOV sounds really nice...mike adjusted it perfectly and the blast that came from it was good enough to pierce your ears at 1 psi no load...imagine 10 psi ! :)

good job with the install. had a quick question though. the pipe that goes to the throttle body that is connected to that 45 degree "L" pipe. i was under the impression that the hump hose goes there and not where you have it now.

anyone else wanna verify this?

krillin you are probably right but with the fitment I could arrange I used it at the TB. I need a set of instructions can someone scan them?

-Alan

jflo said:
sweet deal ! (thumb) man i wish i had the money to buy that thing...and i think we all feel the same way about our stock SMICs haha. and the BOV sounds really nice...mike adjusted it perfectly and the blast that came from it was good enough to pierce your ears at 1 psi no load...imagine 10 psi ! :)
Yeah I can't wait to test drive :)

arunto, i have the instructions in my garage for mine. i don't own a scanner though. i could always mail you a copy of mine...or you can try contacting pming chris@spdracing.

mine will be here tmw :) then its time to install that ,the intake and the unichip on saturday :) thanks for the pics .

krillin said:
arunto, i have the instructions in my garage for mine. i don't own a scanner though. i could always mail you a copy of mine...or you can try contacting pming chris@spdracing.
think you can fax them to me? yeah I contacted chris but he didn't have a set.

-Alan

01Se_to_03MSP said:
mine will be here tmw :) then its time to install that ,the intake and the unichip on saturday :) thanks for the pics .
you will like :)

Thanks for the pics...although I could do without the "hey, check me out" pics....any way, good luck.

i

sweet alan. looks good. sorry i couldnt come over and help out. but you and dan had a good time.

awesome.... glad you got everthing ok. hey krillin is right... on the cast t/b pipe you want the hump hose on the other end(in between the intercooler & bov flange). use the smallest coupler on the same 2.5 cast pipe up at the top right at the t/b. basicly you want to do a swap with the way you have it now. you might run into some problems with pipes blowing off set up that way. sorry no directions.... i was the test fit for the kit so we i didnt really need them. let me know if i can help you out.

i swapped the hump hose to the correct spot. i went for a test drive and with the Greddy Type-S on it sounded really good but since I couldn't recirc it the car would stall :( So I put the HKS one in and recirc it and it's running fine. I guess I'm gonna get a recir kit for the Type-S and put it back on later. Car is pulling good though with the FMIC on.

i gotta go put my bumper on now...you think i should leave the lower grill on or off?

-Alan

A lot of people leave it off, but I would be worried about rocks or something hitting it. I was gonna keep it on then put mesh behind it when I finally get my front mount, however this is described as being anal.

mike got his type-s to vent to atmosphere without stalling ! he turned up the idle a bit, and made the type-s pretty loose so that it would blow off even under light load. so try that out first before buying the recirc kit. i know for sure that it worked 'cause i was at his house before he sent out your FMIC and explained how it worked so well !

yay :) install is tmw for all the stuff possible

Attachments

• P8130137.JPG
    P8130137.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 262
jflo said:
mike got his type-s to vent to atmosphere without stalling ! he turned up the idle a bit, and made the type-s pretty loose so that it would blow off even under light load. so try that out first before buying the recirc kit. i know for sure that it worked 'cause i was at his house before he sent out your FMIC and explained how it worked so well !
Yeah I'm gonna mess with it this weekend but for driveability I put the HKS one on.

-Alan

Back