Help with CV Axle Install

Yeah, it was you! MSPs catch my eye. I was actually driving down I-140 and spotted you from there driving at least 70mph. LOL

WRONG. The splines are the same. The only difference is the shaft diameter, oiling grooves, and ABS ring (if a non-ABS car)
-I have a Probe transmission, Passenger side P5 axle and intermediate shaft, and drivers side MSP axle.

I stand corrected!

Final update: I got a new axle yesterday and it went in easily with a little gear oil and a couple taps of a hammer. If you're having tons of trouble installing an axle, you probably have the wrong axle!!

In my experience, the advance auto parts axle doesn't fit the drivers side, and the o'reilly axle fits but has no ABS ring (old one doesn't fit this axle either). I got mine from Fisher/Federated Auto Parts, but I don't think they're a national company. All of these axles had the same spline count and looked identical to the naked eye!

Thanks again for everyone's help!!

So several weeks after the CV axle install I noticed I'm leaking transmission fluid. It's leaking where the driver's side CV axle goes into the transmission.

Does it sound like I punctured the oil seal on the outside, or is there something else I may have damaged? Also, any advice on installing a new one?

Back