FS-DE Oil System

Ok results are in been driving car with new motor with updated oil pump from Doc B also had internal bypass removed and went with external bypass with oil filter relocation. Let me just say this might be the best mod I have ever done to this car. Oil Press is perfect and stays that way no matter how hot or how hard I work the motor at 2000 rpm I see 20 psi at 4000 rpm I see 40 psi and so on, motor sounds better at high Rpm GREAT WORK DOC pm me your phone number so we can talk lost your number. Also for everyones info you can do this upgrade without pulling motor I had oil leak at pump and had to pull pump after it was in car and re-rtv let me tell you it wasnt to bad at all no hanging motor didnt even have to touch mounts rate it a 8 out of 10 in difficulty. Also on RTV dont use anything but Mazdas gasket maker great stuff little pricey but worth it. Thanks DOC B for saving my bearings. Rob

How did you connect the overflow (bypass) line back into the oil pan without pulling the motor? That is about the only thing that is holding me back from getting this organised.

Cheers.

...Oil Press is perfect and stays that way no matter how hot or how hard I work the motor at 2000 rpm I see 20 psi at 4000 rpm I see 40 psi and so on...

I get higher pressures than that (hot) with my Toga pump. I thought it was supposed to bump the pressure more?

I get higher pressures than that (hot) with my Toga pump. I thought it was supposed to bump the pressure more?
It'll bump it where you set it...Its externally adjustable.
If you want it at 10psi..you can set it there..if you want it at 100...and the pump will make that pressure..you can set it there too.
See the pattern?

I would trust this pump Far more than your TOGA...but thats just me.

Here is a Pic of your old pump though modded and coated By Doc B.

Doc%20B%20oil%20pump%20and%20Valve.jpg

Doc%20B%20oil%20pump%20001.jpg

Doc%20B%20oil%20pump%20002.jpg

Doc%20B%20oil%20pump%20003.jpg

Looks good Matt, I was only inquiring as to why the pressures were a bit less than my toga pump, even though it's externally regulated. Maybe I was incorrect in assuming a bigger bump in pressure over stock. I guess it's not just pressure thats to be concerned about, It would be interesting to be able to measure flow on the stock pump versus this one.

Well it all depends on what kind of comparison you are looking for stock pump untreated by Doc with internal regulator versus same pump with external maybe I dont know but I like this set up better. Relocated filter and external reg. make oil pressure changes a breeze. And yes this is what I set it at took two stops to dial it in had it upwards of 50-60psi hot when I first started. Great Job Doc chime in whenever you can.(lol)

It's not just the external regulator that does it. Anyone can slap an external regulator on and jack their oil pressure, but they caot the inside of the pump as well to tighten up the tolerances.

It's not just the external regulator that does it. Anyone can slap an external regulator on and jack their oil pressure, but they caot the inside of the pump as well to tighten up the tolerances.
No..You cant just slap an External regualtor on and jack with your pressures....Only up to what the pump does in the Factory form.

The Relief valve is removed..otherwise you couldn't get more pressure from the stock pump than it is designed.
But yes...The coating does help tighten up the tolerances as well.

No..You cant just slap an External regualtor on and jack with your pressures....Only up to what the pump does in the Factory form.

The Relief valve is removed..otherwise you couldn't get more pressure from the stock pump than it is designed.
But yes...The coating does help tighten up the tolerances as well.

It's not hard to remove the stock regulator... I'm interested to see how this pans out in the long run.

I dont see how it could possibly go wrong at all?
I mean Unless the PRV fails....nothing else really can..no more then the OEM stuff.

Here You Go Best I have. Sorry about crappy looking valve cover waiting for someone to send me one. Hint Hint

Attachments

• Finished 094.jpg
    Finished 094.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 571
  • Finished 093.jpg
    Finished 093.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 730
  • Finished 095.jpg
    Finished 095.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 737
  • Finished 096.jpg
    Finished 096.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 717
That looks pretty good. Seriously making me consider this in the long run. Doesn't look like it would be all too hard to tap the filter adaptor for pressure and temperature senders either.

Found it on Ebay Billet Aluiminum good quality you should get a package deal working on this setup with filter relocation setup and PRV and pump work and I know you can do it because after motor start up I thought pump was leaking so I removed oil pump with motor in place No motor mount removal or loosing at all, not easy but can be done and BTW it was camshaft seal leaking. Timing belt job twice really but only changed belt once after I found it soaked with oil from the cam seal leak.

Interested in this. MP3 racer, I sent you a pm a couple weeks ago. Where you at?

Sorry...I meant to get back to you but our schedule has been crazy!!! 3 races in 6 weeks and also we partnered with another team to help manage a team of 3 Koni Challenge cars.....We should have a break in a week or so when I planned to catch everyone up on the events we have run with the Mazdaspeed Protege.....

I will try to get back to your PM in the next day or so.....

Thanks everyone!!!

Tom

Yeah,a kit would be great. I wanna try this one on my probe SE 2.0L. If it works out well,you could sell a lot of these over on probetalk. Have you worked out a price yet?

Is there a list of parts, (an fittings, an size hose, length of hose, etc) needed for this modification? In addition, a diagram would be nice.

Back