---> *EVERYTHING* ECU fix/comments/thoughts

Well, I keep getting the runaround from my lazy dealer in the DFW area (Texas).

If anyone has had any luck with Town North, Freeman, etc., please let me know. McKinney is functionally useless.

I should have learned never to expect service from a multi-brand dealer more concerned about moving minivans. :(

Ok got a Question here, im from miami and i called the dealership closest to me and the dude had no idea. I read all the listed dealerships mentioned in this post and was wondering if these are the ONLY places to get it done. If they are it looks like i may be screwed for awhile here. Plz let me know some info. Thx

nomahh said:
Well, I keep getting the runaround from my lazy dealer in the DFW area (Texas).

If anyone has had any luck with Town North, Freeman, etc., please let me know. McKinney is functionally useless.

I should have learned never to expect service from a multi-brand dealer more concerned about moving minivans. :(

GO TO HILEY!!!
Took 1hr 10 minutes.
They are in Arlington.

Here is a comparison of the two known dynos of MSP's with the flash.numbers seem fairly consistant though I didnt have the dip he had at 3000 and 3300RPM

Chojins Dyno- Injen CAI, Protosport 2.25" DP, and JIC Magic SUS 60mm Exhaust.

Stock_vs_Prototype.JPG

Pkay- Injen CAI, NGK BKR7E Plugs

ClintDyno1.jpg

Some notes on my dyno: My dyno was kinda fubared...... first run was crap.... guy didnt hit the switch at the right time..... had a bit of wheel slipage and stopped (thus the early drop). Second one went fine..... neither of my runs had a fan going at any time (which usually helps to the tune of a few horsepower)

after getting your ecu flashed, did they reset your computer? they didn't reset mine but they reset the guy after me. :confused:
i'm thinking it prolly doesn't matter. just wondering.

I went to Oaktree Mazda in San Jose to get the the new PCM flash. The receipt said that they "updated the pcm with the latest version PART #3ALU-12A650-MC" Is this the much hyped ecu flash everyone talks about? Is there any way to verify that they actually did the flash, 'cause i still feel some stumble and hesitation.

DaKidd said:
Go to Capital of Cary over in Cary, They are downloading the file tonight. (919) 859-2000
I spoke to Ashley who said they did not yet have the update from Mazda as of today. I scheduled an appointment for Wednesday... I have the hesitation issue, the clunk (Millenium couldn't hear), and a bad sub install by Millenium. Hopefully Capital can make things right.

Thanks,
Carl

off subject

Sorry to get off the subject
Dscreetspeed are you using the stock turbo to run 12psi and if so what kind of boost control are you using. are you using a shortram intake or a cold air? PM me so we dont fill up this thread

I'm happy as hell now that I got it done - still running everything the same except obviously took off the FPR - 9-10 lbs, no problems...can't wait for my 3" turbo-back to arrive...woohoo!

Anyway, Ferman Mazda on Florida Ave. in Tampa did a great job. They did the research and got it done for me last Friday - I left the car all day so they had time to work on it. I brought the svc. mgr. some printouts from this site, letting him see the 'attn. all svc. mgr.'s' letter/bulletin, etc.

Anyway, Chris Wheatly is the Svc. Mgr. for them - if anyone in the Tampa area wants it done, go there...

Please add to list

Florida

Gunther Mazda
1880 S. State Rd. 7
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33317

Mike Yonak
Asst. Service Manager
954 214-7285

I had an appointment to replace my sub and check out the 'clunk' on 9/17/03. He just called me and told me that there was a new flash for the hesitation ( I know already but played stupid) so that will be done at the same time.

hey, how long is the reflash suppose to take? Rosenthal Mazda (Arlington, VA) told me my car had to stay there for a whole day to do all the updating/reflash. Is this right? Cuz I'm afraid to leave my baby to strangers. Plus, they are giving me a rent-a-car....man I want them to give me a Mazda 6 to drive around not a freakin enterprise car!!!!!

Just got mine done this mourning. It only took them like 35 minutes to get it done but these guys are pretty good. The car feels super awsome now. Hesitation all gone! It just really feels smoother, and stronger across the board. Love it!

I went in today to get the flash done and got the total runaround. They said they couldn't do anything without a letter from Mazda. I showed them some of the info from this site and they said they'd check into it and let me know. I took off 1/2 day from work to do this, and I get a bunch of bulls***. I even called them last friday, confirmed my appointment, and confirmed they could do the flash. They told me no problem. I'm about ready to knock someone out.

Got my MSP flashed this morning. Took about 4 hours. They flashed all the MSP's on the lot on Thursday, but then promptly erased the update from the computer (hand). Once it was downloaded, it took about an hour for everything. So Flanagans in Missoula does have the update, though they don't know much about it.

I'd say it's a different car, but I can't make the claim that others have made. I can feel some increase in power, but not much. There is still a hesitation, but it is far less than it was originally. The wastegate is much louder than before and the delivery is much smoother. I don't know if some of this has to do with my altitude (4000-6000 feet depending on whether I'm in Missoula or back in my college town of Butte). I'll do some more driving and let you guys know.

BTW, I'll be getting numbers at the local 1/8 mile track on Saturday. If anybody is in Western Montana, stop by Anaconda for the races. There is typically a good showing (150+ entries).

-Roach

man.... i called my dealership this morning and they never heard of the flash, i told him about it and he asked for my vin #, and i gave it to him, he called back about an hour later and said he looked it up but he couldnt find anything, is there something else i should tell him or something? this is Reynolds Mazda in Norman, OK

Tell him that he should have gotten an email from the OBD-II engineer a couple of days ago. If he hadn't, then someone in the dealer had...talk directly to the service manage, as he is the one that should have gotten it. Don't let them look it up by VIN, because there isn't a TSB yet (there maybe now, but obviously what they're checking isn't finding it). Also tell them that they should have gotten a CD from Mazda to upgrade the WDS system w/ a new PCM calibration for Mazdaspeeds. Tell them other dealers are getting all of these and doing flashes...if they don't want to help you after all of that, it's time to call around to other dealerships, or Mazda USA.

I haven't been on the forums in a few weeks, and I come back to this?! Oh man, I am going to my dealership tomorrow morning bright and early!!

Back